Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Talk me out of a Beretta M9

Mission accomplished.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Ben_G -
    I see from your signature line that you’re the new Beretta SME on the forum.
    You may have already posted elsewhere, but I missed it.
    Welcome! It’s great to have industry experts here.

Great to see Ben here. He's doing the Lord's work at BUSA.

Matt Haught
    SYMTAC Consulting LLC
    https://sym-tac.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ben_G View Post
    Shilling bellow:
    The 90 series in general is a very configurable platform, and the latest generation of guns have been designed to allow end-users to take full advantage of that. The 92X is designed to be our best bang for your buck starting point in the 90 series lineup, the M9A4 is supposed to be the off the shelf tac platform 90 series, the Elites are the ideal carry/compete models from a man who's a leading expert in those fields and the platform, and the Performance are the dedicated competition models. All these have a pretty deep ecosystem at this point, and we're only working to continue to expand that so you all can tune and customize them to your heart's content.

Are Vertec slides ever going to become available for individual sale again in the future? I missed out on the glut a year ago and would really want to have one to upgrade a few of my older 92FS with crappy dot sights.

we're only working to continue to expand that so you all can tune and customize them to your heart's content.
    I really appreciate that Beretta is doing that. Most of mine are no longer in original configuration.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

92X Compact

Well y'all made my job pretty easy! I'll add a few points to this discussion:

- M9A1s are going to be hard to find at the moment as I don't think we've built any for a while
    - The RDO/A4 replacing the standard X and A3 is correct
    - Both those new guns also have the trigger bar out of the Performance which gives a shorter reset (A4's is DLC coated, along with some internals)
    - The trigger guard chamfer and radiused mag release area on LTTs are only on that platform, but LTT will replicate this by hand on a gun that's sent in for their carry bevel treatment
    - To the best of my knowledge there isn't an M9A1 with dovetailed sights, folks just confuse the 92A1 and M9A1 all the time (I've done it too)
    - My last personal purchase 92 was a 92X G Centurion that went to LTT for a carry bevel
    - My next 92 purchase will probably be a full size Elite LTT w/ Carry Bevel

Shilling bellow:
    The 90 series in general is a very configurable platform, and the latest generation of guns have been designed to allow end-users to take full advantage of that. The 92X is designed to be our best bang for your buck starting point in the 90 series lineup, the M9A4 is supposed to be the off the shelf tac platform 90 series, the Elites are the ideal carry/compete models from a man who's a leading expert in those fields and the platform, and the Performance are the dedicated competition models. All these have a pretty deep ecosystem at this point, and we're only working to continue to expand that so you all can tune and customize them to your heart's content.
    A 92X Compact RDO with a straight, railless dust over would be pretty sweet!

Site Supporter
    I stuffed my safe with 92s this year. The struggle is real.

Well y'all made my job pretty easy! I'll add a few points to this discussion:

- M9A1s are going to be hard to find at the moment as I don't think we've built any for a while
    - The RDO/A4 replacing the standard X and A3 is correct
    - Both those new guns also have the trigger bar out of the Performance which gives a shorter reset (A4's is DLC coated, along with some internals)
    - The trigger guard chamfer and radiused mag release area on LTTs are only on that platform, but LTT will replicate this by hand on a gun that's sent in for their carry bevel treatment
    - To the best of my knowledge there isn't an M9A1 with dovetailed sights, folks just confuse the 92A1 and M9A1 all the time (I've done it too)
    - My last personal purchase 92 was a 92X G Centurion that went to LTT for a carry bevel
    - My next 92 purchase will probably be a full size Elite LTT w/ Carry Bevel

Shilling bellow:
    Ben, as others have stated, it is great to have you on the forum now! Very pleased to see Beretta still evolving the 92 in so many aspects. The Elite LTT really made me realize how much I love the 92.

For a 92X not carried but bedside, anyone use Allegheny for a dehorn job?

Yeah, it's a much cheaper option and I know how that goes...
    Last edited by rayrevolver; 10-04-2022 at 07:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rayrevolver View Post
    For a 92X not carried but bedside, anyone use Allegheny for a dehorn job?

Yeah, it's a much cheaper option and I know how that goes...
    I tried having him work on a gun once back in 2014 or so, and was very much not happy. Would not recommend.

Matt Haught
    SYMTAC Consulting LLC
    https://sym-tac.com

User Tag List