Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Talk me out of a Beretta M9

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    Attachment 95161

For most casual users, they're not going to tell... Just buy one, any 92, and be happy.
    I’ve reached the point in my life where good enough really isn’t.

I’d rather have a few very nice toys to start than ratchet my way through a bunch of 90% solutions before ending up… at the very nice toys.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    The FS 92X RDO that I purchased has proved to be a lot of pistol for the money, and is the only handgun purchase since my Glock days that I have not felt compelled to change in some way within 30 days.

Sights? Usable as-is.

Hammer spring? Ditto.

Grip(s)? The supplied wrap around is good enough.

RDO mounting? Not the lowest by any stretch, but not a horrible solution (for me).

There is just not much to dislike about the thing, and the first three of the above items can be easily changed down the road as age continues to unmercifully whack me with a stick.

The 92X is the pistol my wife should take to rather than the 9mm 1911, but she is stubborn. As in STUBBORN.
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I’ve reached the point in my life where good enough really isn’t.

I’d rather have a few very nice toys to start than ratchet my way through a bunch of 90% solutions before ending up… at the very nice toys.
    You, sir, are NOT a "casual user".

Go get that LTT. I'll share any of my Beretta insights if you ever have questions.

Working on the LTT, and Kydex just ordered from @Tony Mayer
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Working on the LTT, and Kydex just ordered from @Tony Mayer
    Most excellent!

Hammertime
    I’ve handled but not shot a few Centurions over the years. I don’t expect this meander will turn into more than one 92 series pistol, but…

One of the main reasons I want to pursue this is a range 9mm, the closest thing I have in this size class is a G34. I don’t think I’ve ever owned a full size TDA 9.
    I just dropped in to say that Beretta 92s are my fun/hobby guns as well.

I really prefer the Centurions. A Centurion is nearly G17 sized and the standard 92 is more G34 sized. I like the G17 better than the G34 as well.

Second: DAO 92s are so sleek and really fun to shoot, with great triggers. But maybe you want to screw around with DA/SA.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    I just dropped in to say that Beretta 92s are my fun/hobby guns as well.

I really prefer the Centurions. A Centurion is nearly G17 sized and the standard 92 is more G34 sized. I like the G17 better than the G34 as well.

Second: DAO 92s are so sleek and really fun to shoot, with great triggers. But maybe you want to screw around with DA/SA.
    Oddly enough I’ve never owned a G17. Maybe the larger size of the standard 92 is part of the appeal?
    Ken

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Oddly enough I’ve never owned a G17. Maybe the larger size of the standard 92 is part of the appeal?
    Add in P226 and USP 9 FS to that size paradigm. Probably a bunch of others that I don't care about as much. It is kinda standard.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Congrats Ken.

You'll like the full size. My 92X full size is a pussycat to shoot, such a soft shooter.

We'll need pictures of your new Langdon, or it never happened.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Well y'all made my job pretty easy! I'll add a few points to this discussion:

- M9A1s are going to be hard to find at the moment as I don't think we've built any for a while
    - The RDO/A4 replacing the standard X and A3 is correct
    - Both those new guns also have the trigger bar out of the Performance which gives a shorter reset (A4's is DLC coated, along with some internals)
    - The trigger guard chamfer and radiused mag release area on LTTs are only on that platform, but LTT will replicate this by hand on a gun that's sent in for their carry bevel treatment
    - To the best of my knowledge there isn't an M9A1 with dovetailed sights, folks just confuse the 92A1 and M9A1 all the time (I've done it too)
    - My last personal purchase 92 was a 92X G Centurion that went to LTT for a carry bevel
    - My next 92 purchase will probably be a full size Elite LTT w/ Carry Bevel

Shilling bellow:
    The 90 series in general is a very configurable platform, and the latest generation of guns have been designed to allow end-users to take full advantage of that. The 92X is designed to be our best bang for your buck starting point in the 90 series lineup, the M9A4 is supposed to be the off the shelf tac platform 90 series, the Elites are the ideal carry/compete models from a man who's a leading expert in those fields and the platform, and the Performance are the dedicated competition models. All these have a pretty deep ecosystem at this point, and we're only working to continue to expand that so you all can tune and customize them to your heart's content.
    Product Manager: ProShop, Collaborations and Special Projects
    Former R&D designer
    Beretta USA

User Tag List