Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Talk me out of a Beretta M9

My analyst hat is cooking away.

One of the bigger advantages I’m seeing to a LTT is the radiused trigger guard, which from what I can tell is exclusive to these guns. I do remember my action finger being a little irritated by a friend’s 92 after a few magazines.

When I look at the cost of tweaking a “normal” 92 variant to add some of the desirable bolt-on options the LTT includes, the price difference starts shrinking. Plus there’s the tangible and intangible advantages to one of his ready to run pistols. Lastly, if I (or my widow, realistically) ever needed to sell it off, an unmodified LTT would probably have a higher value than a bag of parts pistol.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Can someone please tell me how I’ve gone from looking at $600 guns to seriously considering spending $1300?
    The struggle is real…

If you’re now looking at LTT guns, you’ve got a couple of price options. The LTT guns aren’t exclusively sold by Langdon Tactical. They’re a regular catalogue item. What you get from LTT is the customization like trigger jobs, RDO milling, NP3, and full dehorning and refinishing. If you just want a base level gun without a trigger job or any of the other options, you can find them at several other vendors for about $850. I’m a huge fan of the LTT configuration for a couple of reasons: Vertec slide with dovetailed front sight and a decent iron sight setup from the get-go, front cocking serrations, the radiused trigger guard and beaver tail are game changers for comfort while shooting, all steel small parts, and the two-tone look is great. You can always add the trigger job in a bag later and it’s 95% as good as a trigger job on your specific gun.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

One of the bigger advantages I’m seeing to a LTT is the radiused trigger guard, which from what I can tell is exclusive to these guns. I do remember my action finger being a little irritated by a friend’s 92 after a few magazines.
    For what it's worth, I found I was sensitive to this area, and found the LTT gun an improvement over stock.

Also, if you qualify, Langdon Tactical is on ExpertVoice. 10% discount on firearms...
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    If you’re now looking at LTT guns, you’ve got a couple of price options. The LTT guns aren’t exclusively sold by Langdon Tactical. They’re a regular catalogue item. What you get from LTT is the customization like trigger jobs, RDO milling, NP3, and full dehorning and refinishing. If you just want a base level gun without a trigger job or any of the other options, you can find them at several other vendors for about $850. I’m a huge fan of the LTT configuration for a couple of reasons: Vertec slide with dovetailed front sight and a decent iron sight setup from the get-go, front cocking serrations, the radiused trigger guard and beaver tail are game changers for comfort while shooting, all steel small parts, and the two-tone look is great. You can always add the trigger job in a bag later and it’s 95% as good as a trigger job on your specific gun.
    So, the LTT SKUs I see listed on the Beretta site are the same guns as LTT sells directly trigger guard contour and all, just without the trigger work? I saw the trigger job in a bag he offers.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

So, the LTT SKUs I see listed on the Beretta site are the same guns as LTT sells directly trigger guard contour and all, just without the trigger work? I saw the trigger job in a bag he offers.
    I have a full-size LTT with his trigger job done by him.
    I had a compact LTT with his trigger job in a bag, installed by me.

The trigger job in a bag was really good. The trigger done by LTT is amazingly good.

Unless you can get a SIGNFICANT discount by combining a bare gun sourced elsewhere and installing the TJIAB, I think going all in with a LTT unit is the way to go. ETA: Or if you just really prefer one of the other configs that has the Vertex grip.

If I were starting my Beretta journey today, I'd get a LTT 92 Centurion with their trigger job.
    Last edited by LOKNLOD; 10-02-2022 at 11:33 AM.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Looking at the variants is making my head hurt.

Some pics I’m finding of the M9A1 look like it has a dovetailed front, others don’t. And Beretta’s own website sucks when it comes to detail photos.

The ability to convert the Vertex gripframe to a more traditional shape using grips is appealing. That’s something I wasn’t aware could be done.
    I’m starting to get sucked down the bunny hole. The Langdon variants are looking really good…
    Can someone please tell me how I’ve gone from looking at $600 guns to seriously considering spending $1300?
    All told, with the purchase of the gun, the trip to Langdon, the grips and the RMR04, the Centurion was around 1400, BUT, worth every penny.
    Call it my I-talian Staccato. 😅

Also ;
    The 92X series comes with the Vertec panels And the conversion grip to make it a traditional 92 grip.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

I have seen a couple of posts over the last year or so about M9A1 w/ replaceable front sight. I have not seen one personally. I think there are probably times when Beretta is planning production runs and it makes sense to make 1000 slides w/ replaceable sights. Their other choice is 500 with and 500 without. So once in a while a batch of pistols gets produced that are slightly different.

Site Supporter
    The best value for a 'one and done' 92 IMHO is a 92A1 (Not the M9A1)

Classic full size 92 awesomeness but includes:
    -Radiused trigger guard
    -Dovetailed front sight
    -Pic rail
    -Most (if not all) are made in Italy, not the US (avoiding any QC/QA concerns about the move to TN)
    -Works in M9A1 holsters

Basically just get the sights swapped to what you want, then do a Langdon trigger job in a bag and/or a G decocker conversion if the heart desires, buy a ton of magazines and a holster and get to work!

Otherwise, if you want the Vertec grip go 92X-G. I thought I'd love the Vertec grip after handling one but shooting it is weird to me, probably because of all my time on issued M9's.

Also, the commercial version of the M9 is basically an M9 in external features only, and has all the updated locking block etc sorts of internals and parts shared with the other commercial 92's.
    The TDP-bound GI guns were a totally different bastard in that regard.

I wish I'd gotten a Langdonized M9 when they were available.

Site Supporter
    Re: LTT 92s

As someone who went through two “from Beretta” LTT 92, and now has a “real” LTT RDO gun I would suggest buy “real” LTT 92s when ever possible.

The factory guns had ok triggers but nothing comparable to a real LTT trigger. The factory guns had multiple sharp edges including around the trigger guard and tang. The first factory gun had lateral POI /POA issues which were the result of the dovetail front sight not being centered. This would be an easy fix except the LTT factory front sights are staked in place. My dealer swapped out the first gun for #2 which only shot to POI with 147 grain ammo.

TLDR since Beretta’s move to TN my experiences with their guns have been much more inconsistent than with prior Beretta products. As such buying a gun that has been “screened” by LTT is worth the premium IMHO.

User Tag List