Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: Talk me out of a Beretta M9

I just ordered a lil’ brother for my 92 Elite full size - a LTT Elite Compact (thank you for the sale, @LangdonTactical !)
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    One needs to distinguish between LTT guns acquired from LTT vs the LTT guns sold by Beretta via commercial channels.

I’ve encountered several problem 92 series guns, one an Italian made 92A1, the others have all been made in Tennessee.

The first one was a Wilson combat brigadier tactical with a mag catch issue. A mag could be inserted, but would not lock in with the Mag catch, and could not be made to engage the slides the slot was pulled to the rear. It seemed as though the mag catch was cut in the wrong place in the frame. It was replaced by the dealer with another.

The replacement Wilson, brigadier, and a subsequent Wilson 92 centurion both shot well, but had issues with sharp edges and sharp corners on the tang.

I’ve had a commercial LTT 92, which had significant lateral point of impact issues, because the front sight was installed off-center and staked in place as such. The gun also had some very nasty sharp edges around the trigger guard. It was swapped out by the dealer for another commercial LTT 92.

The second commercial LTT 92 ahead, had POA/POA issues. It also had some nasty sharp edges.

For whatever reason I have not seen any of those issues in the LTT guns from LTT.

The Brig tac was early TN production but the commercial LTTs were a couple years later.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnceena88 View Post
    The first one was a Wilson combat brigadier tactical with a mag catch issue. A mag could be inserted, but would not lock in with the Mag catch, and could not be made to engage the slides the slot was pulled to the rear. It seemed as though the mag catch was cut in the wrong place in the frame. It was replaced by the dealer with another.
    router login
    pikashow
    Hello, spambot! FOAD, will’ya?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I just ordered a lil’ brother for my 92 Elite full size - a LTT Elite Compact (thank you for the sale, @LangdonTactical !)
    Mine's not an LTT, but I dropped a TJIAB and Lok grips on it, and love it.

Purchased from 03RN, it's an m9a1 compact L.

Not in the least hard to conceal in JM holster.

Name:  IMG_20230130_144207094.jpg
Views: 359
Size:  52.8 KB
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Where I ended up:

Name:  745CBB55-496E-4D5A-B68B-0D19F12334B5.jpg
Views: 720
Size:  103.3 KB
    Ken

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Hello, spambot! FOAD, will’ya?
    What does that mean in English?

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    What does that mean in English?
    That was directed at johnceena88, a spambot who copied part of your post to seem legitimate. It means “fall over and die,” of course - or something like that. The not-so-shitmods took care of nuking him from space after I reported it.
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Centurion has the same barrel length as almost every other FS service pistol. Full size has the barrel length of a 1911.
    And that's what makes it a great pistol.

I'm not up on the models but I had an Italian built 92F many years ago. I can't remember why I sold it. Probably found it too large for my tastes. I think I replaced it with a 1911 because I really wasn't into 9mm pistols at the time. I still prefer a 1911 for a full size pistol.

I never found anything annoying about the 92F except the size of the grip. I'm just not a double stack guy.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

I suspect I’ll end up with a LTT Centurion, too. I need to take a breather first.
    Ken

I'm informally looking for a 96 in 40 now.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by CSW View Post
    I'm informally looking for a 96 in 40 now.
    #Me2

User Tag List