Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Talk me out of a Beretta M9

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Full size, trigger job, FO sight. A basic 92 Elite LTT.

This is a slippery slope, I fear.
    Same one I started with. This produced a love for the 92 that I just did not have. I did not have a bad view of the 92, but my only real experience with it was worn out M9 pistols I worked with in the military. I quickly realized how outstanding the 92 was. This lead to an LTT RDO from Langdon, a 92FS. 92A1 and 92 Inox compact. The M9A3 or A4 are on my radar now.

Awesome.
    ... And, in the future you if you decide to dot, you can just send the slide out for the cut.

You're gonna like it.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

I’m not sure I can be persuaded to do an optic on a 92, they are really tall.

But, a LTT Compact Elite looks really tasty… look away!
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

So, just so I’m clear, the title of the thread was to talk you out of an M9. And PF was successful in doing that….

By persuading you to buy an LTT Elite with trigger job.

I love this place sometimes.

Seriously though, congrats on the purchase and you’ll probably love it.

It’s here.

Hot damn. That trigger!
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

I’m not sure I can be persuaded to do an optic on a 92, they are really tall.

But, a LTT Compact Elite looks really tasty… look away!
    Not really, using a caliper with my amateur's eye the LTT RDO center of optic (HS407CO) to center of bore is about even with my P-09 direct milled by Primary Machine with the same optic. They are close enough that depending on how I measure the LTT can look a touch higher or lower, which is pretty impressive when you consider the LTT has a plate system.

If you mean the overall height, the P-09 with a 19rd mag is about 6.75", while the LTT with an 18rd mag is 6.5". The P-09 is totally concealable with something larger than a t shirt. I don't have a proper AIWB holster for my LTT yet, but it seems like it should be much more concealable. The grip length, i.e. the part that sticks out, measured from the bottom of the trigger guard to the bottom of mag, is about .75" shorter on the LTT, or about .25" longer than a P-07.

I do wish the irons on the LTT RDO were just a bit shorter, though I don't think they have actually hindered my shooting.

It’s here.

Hot damn. That trigger!
    We're going to need a full range report, as well as pictures.

BTW:
    The JM Custom's original AIWB make that full size cannon disappear.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Quote Originally Posted by CSW View Post
    We're going to need a full range report, as well as pictures.

BTW:
    The JM Custom's original AIWB make that full size cannon disappear.
    I’ll see what I can do about pics, but a range report will need to wait a bit - I’m getting married Monday, so priorities.

I really wish I could carry AIWB, I’ve tried and just can’t to it. I do have an OWB2 and mag carrier on order from Tony, though. I may try a traditional IWB from him, I think I’ve found a way of comfortably carrying IWB again. And three additional 18 round Mec-Gars showed up yesterday for a total of six.

My FFL is the match coordinator for the local gun club (the one I want to join) and was covetous of the trigger. The reset is insanely good.
    Ken

I’ll see what I can do about pics, but a range report will need to wait a bit - I’m getting married Monday, so priorities.

I really wish I could carry AIWB, I’ve tried and just can’t to it. I do have an OWB2 and mag carrier on order from Tony, though. I may try a traditional IWB from him, I think I’ve found a way of comfortably carrying IWB again. And three additional 18 round Mec-Gars showed up yesterday for a total of six.

My FFL is the match coordinator for the local gun club (the one I want to join) and was covetous of the trigger. The reset is insanely good.
    Tell her she can wait hahahaha. Congratulations!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    Tell her she can wait hahahaha. Congratulations!!!!
    Thanks!
    Ken

User Tag List