Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Talk me out of a Beretta M9

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I’ll see what I can do about pics, but a range report will need to wait a bit - I’m getting married Monday, so priorities.

I really wish I could carry AIWB, I’ve tried and just can’t to it. I do have an OWB2 and mag carrier on order from Tony, though. I may try a traditional IWB from him, I think I’ve found a way of comfortably carrying IWB again. And three additional 18 round Mec-Gars showed up yesterday for a total of six.

My FFL is the match coordinator for the local gun club (the one I want to join) and was covetous of the trigger. The reset is insanely good.
    Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    Tell her she can wait hahahaha. Congratulations!!!!
    Just have the ceremony at the range, that way you can also get pictures with both 😜

Congratulations Ken.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Can anyone that has experience with LTT 92 Elites both with and without NP3 chime in regarding whether it’s worth getting the coating?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Can anyone that has experience with LTT 92 Elites both with and without NP3 chime in regarding whether it’s worth getting the coating?
    I haven’t technically owned both versions, but my experience has been that my LTT Elite with NP3 feels smoother, but I probably wouldn't buy another. I think the trigger job vs non trigger job is a much more noticeable difference.

I ended up with the NP3 Elite because I got a crazy good deal on a used one.

I prefer the NP3 but it is a small part of the overall TJIB upgrade. If you are comfortable w/ some 6-800 wet/dry sandpaper, and a polish tip in a Dremel, you can get very near the NP3. To me it is similar to upgrading cars. You get a real bang for the $ but, as you keep upgrading, the incremental performance increase gets to be more and more $ per step. NP3 is a feelable difference just handling the part. I don't remember why but a couple years ago I had a piece of 1/4 inch aluminum maybe 6x8 inches on my workbench. I had been moving stuff around and it ended up sitting w/ one side jacked up about 2 inches. As I was doing a TJIB install, I had the old trigger bar out and the NP3 bar ready to go in but wanted to do something else first. So they didn't get lost in the clutter I set both of them on the piece of aluminum. The old bar sat there but dang if the NP3 bar didn't slide down that piece of aluminum.

At this point I’m just waiting to see if LTT offers any Black Friday deals this year. I think I really would like a Compact to go with my full size.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Buy it 😈

So, Ken;

Have you even shot the damn Beretta yet?
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Quote Originally Posted by CSW View Post
    So, Ken;

Have you even shot the damn Beretta yet?
    Sadly, no - it’s been crazy busy, and there is all sort of medical stuff going on here right now. Soon TM
    Ken

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    At this point I’m just waiting to see if LTT offers any Black Friday deals this year. I think I really would like a Compact to go with my full size.
    I really like the compact. With my JM Custom IWB holster I am surprised at how easy it is to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by Prepper_Pig View Post
    I’m a huge Beretta fan but unless there’s some nostalgia associated with an m9 for you, I’d suggest something a little newer like an M9a3 or at least something with a front sight you can change. Whatever you buy, id look for an Italian-made example or at least an older USA made Beretta. Steer clear of anything made in Tennessee unless you can lay eyes and hands on it first.
    Aren't LTT Berettas typically US-made, and probably in TN? They don't seem to have problems. Have there been issues with the newer TN-made ones?

User Tag List