Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Talk me out of a Beretta M9

Quote Originally Posted by CSW View Post
    Get a Centurion.
    Not sure - I like the idea of a full size.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Vending Machine Operator
    I'm 7 pages late to the fun but I'd recommend a 92X RDO or a Langdon LTT as the most proven, futureproofed, improved 92-variants on the market. I say that having owned or currently owning the 92S, 92FS, 92FS Compact, 92A1, and 96A1.

None of them are bad choices though. The M9 is great and I trust my basic plain jane 92FS more than almost anything I own.

As has been mentioned by a few others, I too have a strong preference for Italian-made Berettas or Berettas that have been worked over by Wilson or Langdon. Did not used to be the case but the Gallatin, TN facility has yet to earn the reputation of the Accokeek, MD facility. I imagine it will over time but if I was buying today I'd only choose Italian or Wilson/Langdon.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Centurion has the same barrel length as almost every other FS service pistol. Full size has the barrel length of a 1911.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

I mostly prefer the full size and always have. IIRC, when Wilson dropped the Centurion Tactical I got number 56 or 86. Anyway, I had a very early serial number and I was…..

Disappointed. For whatever reason, I’m could never bond with it. I actually preferred my old 92FS that I’d lightly modified to the CenTac. Eventually I sold it on consignment at a LGS for a small loss. Ultimately, at the time, I just didn’t like the shorter slide I think. Nowadays I like Centurions just fine, and if I was going to go buy another 92 right now I’d do a LTT Centurion…..

It only because I have 3 LTT full size models. For the first 92, I really vote you go full size.

Slide lengths.
    Barrel difference is about 3/4".

On my Centurion, I had them flush cut the barrel and re-crown.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

I’ve handled but not shot a few Centurions over the years. I don’t expect this meander will turn into more than one 92 series pistol, but…

One of the main reasons I want to pursue this is a range 9mm, the closest thing I have in this size class is a G34. I don’t think I’ve ever owned a full size TDA 9.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

I don’t expect this meander will turn into more than one 92 series pistol, but…
    Let us know how that works out.

One of the main reasons I want to pursue this is a range 9mm, the closest thing I have in this size class is a G34. I don’t think I’ve ever owned a full size TDA 9.
    If you had a Centurion with a threaded barrel and a comp...
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Would never talk anyone out of a Beretta 92 as I am a big fan. I would just look for a used one and whatever model I found for a good price would be my choice since it would be a range fun gun only. I have a 92FS, 92A1, 92 Compact Inox and a couple LTTs and they are all awesome. I would say my Italian made 92A1 has the best fit and finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    If you had a Centurion with a threaded barrel and a comp...
    Nah. I’ll stick with the cheap striker guns for compensating.
    Ken

Name:  m9.jpeg
Views: 356
Size:  67.1 KB

For most casual users, they're not going to tell... Just buy one, any 92, and be happy.

User Tag List