Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Now I want a granite rice bowl

Now I want a granite rice bowl

Damnit.

Fascinating video. Guess what’s in my cart at Amazon? Yup. The bowl/cooker.

#RESIST

"It's his rice bowl."

Gringop (Man stem wawl)

Name:  vlcsnap-2022-10-02-21h48m53s363.jpg
Views: 445
Size:  19.9 KB
    Play that song about the Irish chiropodist. Irish chiropodist? "My Fate Is In Your Hands."

Pretty cool. I wonder if this is something used in everyday life or more of a momento of the past.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Cutting those slugs is called core drilling. Ive done a bunch of that using a Hilti and diamond tip bits. A couple things I noticed in the video, when the core drill came out of the rock the water was boiling. Thats absolutely true, if youre not careful when you retract the bit the water is so hot it will spew out. Ive done a lot of this through concrete poured with rebar reinforced and metal decking under and through walls about a foot thick. If you watch from the underneath the decking will glow orange before its cut through. Their diamond cutters were huge compared to the ones I used, and apparently much more durable, their technique was to flood for cooling with a Hilti you kept just enough water to create a slurry which helped in cutting.
    The other thing I noticed was, the motor running the huge saw blade didnt have a smooth transistion as it sped up, more like an audible bump once it reached a certain rpm, indicating a two speed motor vs a variable frequency drive. Nerd electrician observations.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Pretty cool. I wonder if this is something used in everyday life or more of a momento of the past.
    Used now, I believe.
    #RESIST

When I lived in Korea, they cooked some restaurant dishes in stone bowls. Bulgogi on the table grill, kimchi, and sides in warm stone bowls to stay warm.

We adventured up to the markets and shopping area of Seoul and found a few stone bowls to buy. Look very similar to the Amazon product. Recommended. Fun for cooking and serving food!

After watching the video, I’m reminded again how hard working and industrious the Korean people are. I watched them rebuild a runway in 3 weeks, a project that might have taken 6-12 months here. No red tape, no BS, just hard work. I really enjoyed living there.
    Last edited by Trigger; 10-03-2022 at 09:57 AM.
    "Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master"

Bibimbap!
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Damnit.

Fascinating video.

I just saw that video the other day too. When I go to a Korean restaurant, the type of rice dishes I order come in those bowls. You can also get soups in a similar type, and the heat retained by the stone keeps them scalding hot for quite a long time. Luckily we have some legit Korean places to eat here

Quote Originally Posted by gringop View Post
    "It's his rice bowl."

Gringop (Man stem wawl)

Name:  vlcsnap-2022-10-02-21h48m53s363.jpg
Views: 445
Size:  19.9 KB
    And now you can't break it.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

The subtitles in the video are hilarious.

User Tag List