Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New G48 and Shield mags.

New G48 and Shield mags.

I really like my new Blue Label, G48. Shoots great. Conceals just as nicely as my Hellcat which is what I got it to replace. And Happily, I shoot it better so,.. 👍🏻 😎

The 15 round gen 2, shield arms mags however were a complete bust.

1st mag worked great on my first outdoor steel session using the oem, polymer Glock mag release. I Ran a 100 rounds or so of several types of FMJ and some HST’s thru it without any problems.

So, I bought a 2nd Shield mag and installed the recommended Shield mag catch. From that moment on,.. neither mag would run a full load without malfunctioning multiple times.

Tried Re-installing the polymer oem catch,.. it did NOT fix the problem. So, I returned both mags & resigned myself to carrying a 10 round EDC weapon. 🤷*♂️😢

I was hoping the Shield mags would be great but it sounds like none of the aftermarket makers have cracked the code of Glock mags yet. Congrats on your G48. My GF really likes hers. I thought it was a pretty good gun too.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Currently by the ocean in CA and on the move to a more free state. Three more years!
    I know that there are some higher capacity options out there, but I honestly don't have a problem with my factory mags in my 48/43X. My guns are extremely reliable, comfortable to shoot and accurate. I am satisfied with that and would rather carry an extra 10 round magazine than compromise reliability for an extra five rounds in the gun.

Congrats on your 48!

I guess I've been lucky. I have three of them and they all run great with the Shield 15 round magazines.

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by O4L View Post
    Congrats on your 48!

I guess I've been lucky. I have three of them and they all run great with the Shield 15 round magazines.

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk
    Yeah,.. lots of folks seem to have zero issues. Which is why I took a chance. I shot a rental @ the range that had one in it. Ran like gangbusters. Another reason I was enthusiastic about trying them out. Mine even ran great for a minute. 🤣

Oh well I always carry a spare mag,.. so 20 rounds had better be ‘nuff! 😉

Site Supporter
    It’s funny a buddy who runs a firearms tending company just messaged me re: his Glock 48 and Gen 2 shield mags:

My carry Glock 48 (shield mags) shit the bed today. Was checking the zero on my carry ammo today.

The first round went off then the pistol jammed up. The follower got stuck at the bottom of the mag

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    It’s funny a buddy who runs a firearms tending company just messaged me re: his Glock 48 and Gen 2 shield mags:
    This is the issue imo with shield mags. They run great until they shit the bed and stop running. Never know when

This is a common theme with the shield mags. But not to worry, all of the industry insiders and influencers that they have paid off will tell you that they are 100% gtg and hit you with more glowing reviews for you to like and subscribe to.

I went 48 + Shield mag and the single Gen 2 mag. example I purchased to T&E will not seat and lock into the mag release reliably. It turned me off from buying any more.

Best to learn that early I suppose.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sickeness View Post
    This is a common theme with the shield mags. But not to worry, all of the industry insiders and influencers that they have paid off will tell you that they are 100% gtg and hit you with more glowing reviews for you to like and subscribe to.
    We've got some range staff that love them and mention them when I qual my 43X.

Them: More capacity!
    Me: Reduced reliability!
    Them: What's the chances it fails when you need it?
    Me: What's the chances I have a problem 11 rounds doesn't solve but 16 rounds does solve, and I can't reload?
    Them: ...but more capacity!
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

User Tag List