Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New G48 and Shield mags.

I've been very tempted to get a G48 after handling a friend's.

Some people seem to have great luck with the SA mags. Others none. Not enough to make me snag the gun or the mags. Would I be happy moving down from 15 rounds in my G19?

My solution: I HAVE had great experiences with the Magguts +2 for my G43. Nice to take that from 6+1 to 8+1 at the expense of basically a double thickness magazine baseplate. No reliability issues with mine or anyone I know who uses them. So I emailed Magguts and told them I am begging them to do their "treatment" to the G43x/48 magazine to get it up to 12 or 13 rounds. If reliability is solid, I'd be all over it, especially since they use the standard magazine body and therefore don't need the metal mag release.

I urge all fellow PFers to email Magguts and do the same as I did. Perhaps if they see demand, it will expedite things.

I should add that they emailed me back to tell me that they'll look into it and that they'll keep me posted, which was more return comms than I expected!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 43Under View Post
    I've been very tempted to get a G48 after handling a friend's.

Some people seem to have great luck with the SA mags. Others none. Not enough to make me snag the gun or the mags. Would I be happy moving down from 15 rounds in my G19?

My solution: I HAVE had great experiences with the Magguts +2 for my G43. Nice to take that from 6+1 to 8+1 at the expense of basically a double thickness magazine baseplate. No reliability issues with mine or anyone I know who uses them. So I emailed Magguts and told them I am begging them to do their "treatment" to the G43x/48 magazine to get it up to 12 or 13 rounds. If reliability is solid, I'd be all over it, especially since they use the standard magazine body and therefore don't need the metal mag release.

I urge all fellow PFers to email Magguts and do the same as I did. Perhaps if they see demand, it will expedite things.

I should add that they emailed me back to tell me that they'll look into it and that they'll keep me posted, which was more return comms than I expected!
    My experience and observations of Mag Guts products in SIG P365 series mags is their reliability is just as inconsistent as the Shield Arms mags have been in the G43X/G48.

There is no free lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    My experience and observations of Mag Guts products in SIG P365 series mags is their reliability is just as inconsistent as the Shield Arms mags have been in the G43X/G48.

There is no free lunch.
    Maybe they didn't get the geometry right for Sigs (?).

Myself and everyone I personally know who's used them in Glocks has had success. Including with defensive ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    I was hoping the Shield mags would be great but it sounds like none of the aftermarket makers have cracked the code of Glock mags yet. Congrats on your G48. My GF really likes hers. I thought it was a pretty good gun too.
    Mine are great.
    #RESIST

I have a Glock 48 MOS with the shield mag catch and Gen 2 mags, been running it hard for some time, no issues. I would call them if your having problems they have a lifetime warranty.

I traded a Kimber 1911 Ultra 9mm for a Glock 48mos and light and philster and I was hoping to get the Shiled mags. I kept hearing all this other stuff but I do know two shooters that are shooting G48s and their Shild one and Shield two mags are run tops.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    It’s funny a buddy who runs a firearms tending company just messaged me re: his Glock 48 and Gen 2 shield mags:
    Buddy had the same issue with a second Shield Arms Magazine.

Name:  FA052CD7-130C-439E-BBEB-12A40F03F2C5.jpg
Views: 381
Size:  31.1 KB

Name:  2B9214DD-E333-4CBF-85DF-54F6F1CF2EAA.jpg
Views: 387
Size:  43.2 KB

tha would be a call to the maker if mine did that. Call em up, they will take care of you. I have actually had sig mags do the exact same thing before on my 365 mags.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle1* View Post
    tha would be a call to the maker if mine did that. Call em up, they will take care of you. I have actually had sig mags do the exact same thing before on my 365 mags.
    I had multiple P365 mags do that.
    No problems with stock G43,G43X, or G48 mags.

-UPDATE-

-update-

Wow,.. Seems I missed a lot of replies to this thread. After rediscovering my own post, I Thought I’d post an update.

I recently picked up two of the PSA micro dagger 15 round magazines for the G 48\43X. These are interesting in that you do not have to replace the Glock OEM Polymer mag catch. They are a combination of steel and polymer megs.

Once again I was seeing plenty of reviews for these mags with the Glock 43X, and none for the 48. As with the shield magazines, I had noticed most of the people who were having a good experience with a Shield Mags we’re shooting G 43‘s, and it seemed as though most of the people who were having problems had G 48’s.

Either I’m stubborn, or just stupid,.. 😉. But I thought I’d take another chance on getting 15 rounds available to my G 48.

So far,… these PSA magazines have functioned flawlessly. I bought two of them, I have run at least 1000 rounds through them over the course of three or four range sessions. Shooting Multiple different types of FMJ ammunition including a couple of hundred rounds of HST in both 124 and 147. Not a single hiccup. I even tried to deliberately cause some problems by mixing flat nose blazer 147 round nose FMJ 124 and HST rounds in the same mag just to see if I could trip them up Not one problem. They have functioned so well, I decided to purchase two more. (… you know, two is none, four is one) 😉🤣. As of right now I’ve run roughly 300 to 500 rounds (mixed types) through those two new PSA a Mags and haven’t had an issue with them either.

It seems 😳 vetting one’s EDC gear is freaking expensive. 🤦*♂️🤣

Anyway, I figure it’s always good to have a spare mag set for range & EDC.

I thought I’d post this here in case anyone else have given these a try I would love to hear your experience with them. At time of posting I have not replace the Glock 19 on my belt with the 48 and 15 rounds, but I am looking forward to dropping what feels like at least 2 pounds off my belt when I do. 😎🤣

User Tag List