Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Horrorfest 2022

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    Girlfriend and I watched the Hellraiser remake on Hulu last night. It wasn’t great. Not the worst horror movie I’ve ever seen, but far from one of the better ones. The premise was consistent with the original movies. The characters were pretty forgettable. The acting wasn’t amazing.
    Yep. It was disappointing.
    --Jason--

Last night was fun. Introduced everyone to The Stuff (1985), a short, and Viy (1967). Wife made a yam pie and one depression-era eggless/dairyless lard cake from a town cookbook inherited from my Dad's mother. My father was excited as he loved it growing up and the rest of the guests made sure not a crumb was left.

Clearwater

Sci-Fi Short Film: "Clearwater"

Dust. October 29, 2020.

A young woman visits a secluded riverbank to relax in the sun. When a mosquito bites her, it becomes clear that there is a secret force of nature at work. And it wants more than just a drop of blood.

Yippee ki-yay

Life is busy and I started my annual horrorfest a few days late. So far:

1. Psycho (1960)
    2. ParaNorman (2012)
    3. Devil (2010)
    4. The Mist (2007) [Note: The great black & white director's cut because this movie is hot garbage in color.]
    5. The Return of the Living Dead (1985)

All movies have been played on physical media, so far. I've also been reading Ray Bradbury shorts and a Twilight Zone anthology book during breaks at work.

Watched the Fear Street trilogy recently. Fairly solid, decently "fun" horror movies that blend slasher and supernatural elements.

Need to watch all three for the story to make sense though

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Prime doesn't have Nightmare on Elm Street this year?! That's some BS.

I like Common Sense Media's review. "Positive messages: none."

Rather than alerting the authorities of Krueger, the parents of his victims hunt him down and kill him.
    :shrug:

Site Supporter
    "Talk to me" was very good.
    --Jason--

Skeleton Key, 2005.
    Spooky and creepifying tale about a young hospice nurse hired to care for an invalid stroke victim at a remote plantation house in the Louisiana bayou.
    As she cares for him, jarring incidents begin to occur that seem to involve a group of Hoodoo(not Voodoo) cultists and the old plantation's dark past.
    Minimal jump scares in a slowly developing sense of dread and suffocating fear.
    Excellent performances by Kate Hudson, Gena Rowlands, John Hurt and Peter Sarsgaard.
    An unusually intelligent supernatural movie with a nice dose of existential horror that will stick with you.
    Also, there's a brilliant supporting role by Hudson's panties.

Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Ils (2006)

Romanians interested in more than the copper pipes and wiring in an old estate. An okay movie about poor French decision making but the runtime would be much shorter if a firearm was present.

User Tag List