Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Horrorfest 2022

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    Australian film that is a horrifying descent into Hell.

Trailer doesn't do it justice

Free on YouTube

Triangle was very good.

One film I recommend to horror fans is A Dark Song. If you haven't seen it, you should. It still scares me a little and the last time I watched it was during the day.
    The blurb: "A determined young woman and a damaged occultist risk their lives and souls to perform a dangerous ritual that will grant them what they want."
    --Jason--

Quote Originally Posted by Half Moon View Post
    If you haven't already, Peter Watts' re-imagining of The Thing is worth a read:

https://clarkesworldmagazine.com/watts_01_10/

Somehow ended up reading an article about Angel Heart recently. Didn't know it was based on a book. Both the original book and sequel are on order (actually the sequel showed up yesterday but resisting reading out of order...).
    Speaking of Watts... The Paleolithic Vampire species in Blindsight fascinates me, here's a mockumentary he did concerning their "Resurrection"

Quote Originally Posted by Half Moon View Post
    If you haven't already, Peter Watts' re-imagining of The Thing is worth a read:

https://clarkesworldmagazine.com/watts_01_10/
    I have indeed read that story, and it's a good one.

It's also interesting listening to the audio commentary, and having Kurt Russel and John Carpenter argue about the ending- they don't know either.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Muy creepy

It Follows.

Currently on Netflix. A really unusual horror film. One that has stayed with me. For years.

Last edited by Tapatio; 09-30-2022 at 12:26 AM.

- The Price of Fear
    Full BBC series of not-quite-solo Vincent Price radio dramas.

- Vincent Price Witchcraft - Magic: An Adventure In Demonology (1969)
    A full LP of a solo reading with some moderate foley and sound production.

- Tales of Witches, Ghosts and Goblins Told By Vincent Price (1972)
    An anthology album of solo short story readings.

- A Graveyard of Ghost Tales Told By Vincent Price (1974)
    As above.

- 19 Nocturne Boulevard
    Not Vincent Price but a bonus old group project of readings and radio dramas. Many either Lovecraft or heavily influenced by.

- The Shadow Over Innsmouth
    An audiobook of a classic bit of H.P. Lovecraft.

- Dagon
    A reading and accompanying illustrations to a good Lovecraft story.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed L View Post
    Some of my favorite atmospheric movies for Halloween that have a seasonal ambiance:

Curse of The Demon--an old black and white film. It is well made and not cheesy. Takes place in the UK with Halloween briefly in the background. An American professor arrives in London for a parapsychology conference, only to find himself investigating the mysterious actions of Devil-worshiper and his small cult. The silly monster illustrated was added later in brief bits because someone felt that the movie needed a monster.

One that scared the crap out of me as a kid: City of The Dead. A B&W film with strong seasonal ambiance. A young college student arrives in a sleepy Massachusetts town to research witchcraft; during her stay at an eerie inn, she discovers a startling secret about the town and its inhabitants. the trailer and a link to the whole film on Youtube.

First the trailer:

Now the entire movie:
    "City of the Dead" was originally released in the US as "Horror Hotel". I have it on a cheap DVD I got on sale and it became one of my annual Halloween videos. Music is great. There's a scene when Christopher Lee's character is trying to sacrifice a pigeon at his devil shrine in his apartment. The doorbell rings, disturbing his ritual, and I love to exclaim in front of company "I hate it when that happens!"

Hammer Horror flicks
    Classic Universal Horror
    The Fog (Carpenter, not the remake)
    Zombie (1980)
    Dawn of The Dead (Snyder)
    Don’t Be Afraid of the Dark (original)
    Wolfen
    Tombs of the Blind Dead
    Kolchak: The Night Stalker/The Night Strangler
    Norrliss Tapes
    Phantasm
    Hellraiser
    Yeah, fan of horror

Quote Originally Posted by FrankinCA View Post
    Hammer Horror flicks
    Classic Universal Horror
    The Fog (Carpenter, not the remake)
    Zombie (1980)
    Dawn of The Dead (Snyder)
    Don’t Be Afraid of the Dark (original)
    Wolfen
    Tombs of the Blind Dead
    Kolchak: The Night Stalker/The Night Strangler
    Norrliss Tapes
    Phantasm
    Hellraiser
    Yeah, fan of horror
    Don't forget the HP Lovecraft inspired classics "Reanimator" and "From Beyond". Was going to get "From Beyond" on DVD but it's a cult classic and rather expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
    Don't forget the HP Lovecraft inspired classics "Reanimator" and "From Beyond". Was going to get "From Beyond" on DVD but it's a cult classic and rather expensive.
    In the Mouth of Madness (1994) is another good Lovecraftian flick of about the same vintage.

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    I love Angelheart.
    First viewing: creepy psychological horror-murder mystery.
    Second viewing: Schadenfreude comedy.
    And Lisa Bonet in her prime!
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

User Tag List