Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Woman shoots arresting officer with his sidearm

Woman shoots arresting officer with his sidearm

5:15-ish should do it. You can see her grabbing it

#RESIST

Site Supporter
    Not a criticism just an observation, I noticed another officer had a real hard time re-holstering his pistol as he held the subject down.

Site Supporter
    I only watched up through the grab, shot, and immediate aftermath.
    Not an attack on the cops, but it seemed that decisive physical force wasn’t ever really utilized - either when the subject was initially resisting being cuffed by grabbing the officer’s wrist(!) when the other two officers turned up, or when she actually shot the guy walking her to the car.
    I would have expected immediate fist or elbow strikes in response to the first, and a dogpile in response to the last. And/or a knee in the back with body weight applied in any of the cases. Instead, tazer seemed to be the default response, and never a particularly effective one.
    Again- I don’t know whether the actual actions taken by the cops on scene are a result of specific training, lack of training, or restrictive department policies. So I’m not casting aspersions, just puzzled. And glad that’s not my job.

Also- the subject woman was talking a good “innocent” game while actively resisting. @SouthNarc should use her as an example of doing one thing with your words, and using it to cover completely different actions with your body.

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post

Also- the subject woman was talking a good “innocent” game while actively resisting. @SouthNarc should use her as an example of doing one thing with your words, and using it to cover completely different actions with your body.
    I had that thought as well. A very agile liar.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    In more ways than one!
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    Yeah, she was slick until she was tazed.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    The officer bringing her to the SUV very likely thought he had a good grip on her, and appeared to me to have a good grip. Unfortunately that good grip allowed her to position her hand right by the gun. Whatever retention features that holster had were either known to her or otherwise insufficient to prevent the grab.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    The officer bringing her to the SUV very likely thought he had a good grip on her, and appeared to me to have a good grip. Unfortunately that good grip allowed her to position her hand right by the gun. Whatever retention features that holster had were either known to her or otherwise insufficient to prevent the grab.
    I’d hate to make a terrible joke.

But you would be surprised what a woman can get her fingers into. Ehh.

At 7:53 you can see the officer's holster in a good closeup. It's a kydex OWB without any retention features ala SLS/ALS etc.
    Nice holster for IDPA.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    I'll be that guy. Almost posted this in the LE Use of Force Videos thread in the LE Subforum when @HCM posted this yesterday.

He didn't have a good grip on her. Holding her arm with one hand while dragging her along on your gun side, while wearing an open non-retention holster, does not say 'control' to me. I saw exactly what was going to happen as soon as this guy appeared in the video. Let's repeat for the cheap seats: Open top Kydex holsters without active retention are NOT SUITABLE for overt, exposed LE use. Can't tell you how many times I had that discussion with some of our 'surveillance' guys who thought they were LAPD SIS version 2.0, but in reality were spotted by every 13 year old skateboarding through the neighborhood. Fine for off-duty or concealed use.....not for overt exposed use.

As for the guy repeatedly trying to shoot himself in the side (or reholster....couldn't tell which), unfamiliarity with equipment is a problem. So is drawing or reholstering from concealment....which 99% of cops who carry 'concealed' basically never do. They're almost certainly never taught anything about it from their departments.

User Tag List