Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: P365—> P320 —> Dremel —> epoxy….

For mock up

The XL slide if add an AC comp will fit well.

Name:  4D848917-4DD9-418B-99B8-92C10E9E2FDF.jpg
Views: 291
Size:  99.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Navyguns View Post
    Name:  C1506248-05B5-4393-8458-D2FAE88D3362.jpg
Views: 273
Size:  54.1 KB
    I appreciate the thought, but we are going the other way (the link I posted above has a P320 FCU with a P365 Grip and mag kind of like what you posted).

Personally, I think the recoil control is in the mechanics of a full grip so I put a 26 slide on a P320 grip.

Name:  184393AA-E079-421D-9996-0FB2A3BA3636.jpg
Views: 264
Size:  31.2 KB

It shoots like this:

Site Supporter
    JCN

So that was 2 out /4 in on the 3 x5 in 1.98 from the low ready or open or concealed?
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    JCN

So that was 2 out /4 in on the 3 x5 in 1.98 from the low ready or open or concealed?
    We’ve kind of talked about this before in terms of aiming spots versus trying to get all hits inside a target.

It’s not a “miss” unless you’re giving yourself a “can’t miss” scenario.

For context, here is shooting the gun in a “can’t miss” situation:

If you’re trying to judge bona fide Bill drills from a draw (open holster) in a situation where I’m trying to hit a conventional scoring zone:

That’s at a 7 yard alpha pace.

If I go at occasional Charlie pace it gets faster:

@vcdgrips

When I train, I train different things.

If I’m trying to train a 7 yard A zone sub 20 split pace, I’m not going to practice on a 7 yard alpha / Charlie target.

I’m going to try and work better vision at that same split pace.

For 0.17-20 splits at 7 yards, hitting 4/6 in a note card and 2/6 close out (and still well within the size spread of an alpha) is pretty good with a Glock.

If that makes sense.

Site Supporter
    You posted a video with no context re the manner in which the pistol was initially presented.

1. Were your shooting from the low ready, open or concealed?

2. Your time was in fact 1.98 yes?

3. You were aiming at a 3x5 yes?

4. You hit it 4 of 6 times yes?

I am not judging in any way. I simply am trying to understand the exact conditions that particular clip was endeavoring to show beyond shooting an interesting frankenframe of your creation.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

In our matches we often have a double swinger. Ours have a weight that can be slid along the bottom base post which changes how quickly it swings. We experiment w/ weight positions to get the swings we want. We use a small chunk of wood on top of a small steel popper which we prop under the base posts to hold the swingers at about horizontal. Shoot the popper and they start swinging.

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    You posted a video with no context re the manner in which the pistol was initially presented.

1. Were your shooting from the low ready, open or concealed?

2. Your time was in fact 1.98 yes?

3. You were aiming at a 3x5 yes?

4. You hit it 4 of 6 times yes?

I am not judging in any way. I simply am trying to understand the exact conditions that particular clip was endeavoring to show beyond shooting an interesting frankenframe of your creation.
    The purpose of the video was to show sub-20 split tracking at 7 yards with this setup.

The gold standard is A zone sub 20 splits at 7 yards.

It’s like the black of the B8. You’re trying to hit all in.

I was showing that it was easy to track at speed. Hitting the 3x5 card is like hitting the X inside the 10 ring.

No extra points, but showing accuracy ability.

You’re always aiming at the X ring, but it’s not considered a “miss” if you hit the 10 ring.

So it’s a split tracking demonstration.

My draws are very consistent and I didn’t have a holster with me. So I did a slow low ready to simulate holster draw time.

But the purpose was to show X ring accuracy at speed in the context of a 7 yard A zone bill drill.

Because if you can have that kind of accuracy at 7 yards, you can still hit A zones at 10 yards.

When I practice at 7 I’m always working vision to work it further.

So I’m always “aiming” for the X ring but I accept the 10 ring hits.

User Tag List