Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shotgun loading techniques

So, I tried this today. You can grab singles, doubles, or even four at a time with the support hand out of this and load them easily. Or you can flip the gun upside down and grab Twins or Quads and shove them into the gun that way.

Of course this thing is huge and bulky in this format. But maybe scaled down to a 6-round variant. How to mount it is the next question. I shoved a spare shotcard through the loop and slapped it on the side. Standard 6-shot shell card, as you can see there is even room for another shell (select slug perhaps?). Me thinketh this could be really interesting. But I haven't tried shooting it yet and that could be the Achille's heel of that whole thing.

Name:  00895A82-031F-413B-81E7-AC499CAAE3D5.jpg
Views: 304
Size:  31.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    So, I tried this today. You can grab singles, doubles, or even four at a time with the support hand out of this and load them easily. Or you can flip the gun upside down and grab Twins or Quads and shove them into the gun that way.

Of course this thing is huge and bulky in this format. But maybe scaled down to a 6-round variant. How to mount it is the next question. I shoved a spare shotcard through the loop and slapped it on the side. Standard 6-shot shell card, as you can see there is even room for another shell (select slug perhaps?). Me thinketh this could be really interesting. But I haven't tried shooting it yet and that could be the Achille's heel of that whole thing.

Once surgery heals and I get back to work, the EZ8 will be one of my first purchases to start trying out. Looks like the best option for a “duty” twins load. Any issues with yours?

Did JCN steal your password and post as you?

(that was a joke and compliment. Also I may be deep in my cups right now).

Speaking of enhancement...

"Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by BK14 View Post
    Once surgery heals and I get back to work, the EZ8 will be one of my first purchases to start trying out. Looks like the best option for a “duty” twins load. Any issues with yours?
    I just got this one in yesterday. But TCinVa was the one who clued me into them and he seems to like his. It's a pretty smart design overall.

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    Did JCN steal your password and post as you?

(that was a joke and compliment. Also I may be deep in my cups right now).
    What makes you think @JCN and I aren't the same person?

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    The EZ8 is the most practical multi-shell loading device I've found so far. It's not obstreperously huge and it makes twin loading easy. I do really like it.

I need to buy a new one because I broke mine during my last Shotgun Skills class when I had to wear it over a coat and in a different location and the beer tumor apparently applied enough pressure to pop the front rib off of it.

Prior to that it's worked splendidly. It would be fairly easy to mount it on a vest or something similar. Just use loctite on the adjustment screws once you get them set.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by BK14 View Post
    Just a thought, but that's probably not going to be durable enough for duty if it breaks just from being pushed on by someone's beer belly.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Just a thought, but that's probably not going to be durable enough for duty if it breaks just from being pushed on by someone's beer belly.
    First time that thing hangs up on a doorway or getting out of a vehicle it's probably going to snap something. It comes with the Tek-Lock belt mount but with some work you can probably get a lower profile mount that will make it less likely to grab bits of the environment and commit suicide.
    3/15/2016

Or make it out of something that isn't kydex.

Not sure what this is...but it seems like it might be something along those lines. Perhaps only holding 3-shells in each side instead of 4, milled out of something like Nylon66 and maybe spaced to fit on a shotgun receiver. It might have adjustability to allow you to run different length shells. And conceivably could be easily attached with velcro to just about anything and should fit in AR pouches...

Name:  Screen Shot 2022-10-24 at 9.51.34 AM.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  52.3 KB

Well, now...you have my attention.
    3/15/2016

User Tag List