Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chiappa Rhino

Chiappa Rhino

I searched and there's somehow no Chiappa Rhino thread.

Does anyone have one, or experience with them? Are they good/bad/somewhere in between?

Quote Originally Posted by jellydonut View Post

Does anyone have one, or experience with them? Are they good/bad/somewhere in between?
    I believe that @jetfire has some experience with the Chiappa catalog.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Quote Originally Posted by jellydonut View Post

They're a fun range toy, but not something I'd consider for serious competition or defensive use

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    They're a fun range toy, but not something I'd consider for serious competition or defensive use
    What’s holding it back for competition or defense?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by john c View Post
    What’s holding it back for competition or defense?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Indifferent QC and an inherently fragile design

We've got one IDPA competitor who shoots hers beautifully, but has had some major warranty issues with I believe two of them; the ended up having to escalate things up the Chiappa chain of command to get things done.

Neat guns, but snowflakes in my estimation. Their major advantage, low bore seating, can be addressed with judicious grip selection (and loads) with more standard-configuration revolvers.

Best, Jon

Site Supporter
    It feels to me like this gun is sort of the Caracal of the revolver world with its "OMG REVOLUTIONARY BORE AXIS"

That single very intriguing characteristic was meant to gloss over any serious deficiency in all the others.

Deficiencies that surface when more than a few dozen boxes of ammo go through it.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

I shot one, once. The lack of recoil really is something else. (Discussion in the car on the way home went something like this: "How come those.38 loads were so loud?" "Well honey, that's because what you fired were full house .357 Magnums.") Unfortunately the trigger sucked, and the whole trigger mechanism did not inspire confidence.
    IDPA SSP classification: Sharpshooter
    F.A.S.T. classification: Intermediate

Name:  IMG_2227.jpeg
Views: 235
Size:  57.5 KB

Has anyone’s opinion changed for better or worse on these? I’ve got a bit of an itch for a 4” or 5” in .357 or 9 as a stupid stupid wantsies fun gun. No competition or defensive use is being considered.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Hard pass.

If you want something "different" and entertaining (in a good sense), going for one of the Schofield repros would be my thought.

More seriously, perhaps a Ruger Super GP100 or one of the Nighthawk Custom Korths.....

Hey, it's FUN spending your money!

Best, Jon
    Sponsored by Check-Mate Industries and BH Spring Solutions
    Certified Glock Armorer

User Tag List