Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Define “New”

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    I went back into to the shop this morning with the intention to bite. I had to wait as another customer was ahead of me looking at a new Python. Not once, not twice, but three times the clerk stood there silent as he flipped the cylinder closed.

I turned around and left.

That’s the crap that concerned me with the turn line. I wondered how many hours of “Dirty Harry” were put on that “new” gun. I’ll find another. Maybe under C&R which will make it easy peesey.
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Well, at least you know how it got there.

Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    I went back into to the shop this morning with the intention to bite. I had to wait as another customer was ahead of me looking at a new Python. Not once, not twice, but three times the clerk stood there silent as he flipped the cylinder closed.

I turned around and left.

That’s the crap that concerned me with the turn line. I wondered how many hours of “Dirty Harry” were put on that “new” gun. I’ll find another. Maybe under C&R which will make it easy peesey.
    Silly me, I just assume that people don't know the potential damage they are doing and are imitating something they read in a private eye novel or saw in a movie. So, depending on the tee-shirt I have on, I might try to educate.

I know fudds in gun store spread their lore.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    Well, at least you know how it got there.

My thoughts exactly. The place has a well kept, well run indoor range that is nice to shoot at. The ROs seem pretty decent and if you look like you know what you’re doing, they leave you alone. The floor people are clowns tho. I went to another place yesterday I had done a fair amount of business at in the past. I walk in and have to show my FOID card to pass the Fudd at the counter. Then he immediately interrogates me on what I want. Warns me no cell phones. I go to the revolver case that’s a fraction of what it used to be. Kid tells me they can’t get revolvers anymore. Nobody shoots them. I should buy the new Sig. I was in there a total of about 90 seconds. No wonder nobody was in there. Shame.

I’m much happier sitting with a beer and scrolling thru Woodlawn Boys or LS&B.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post
    Silly me, I just assume that people don't know the potential damage they are doing and are imitating something they read in a private eye novel or saw in a movie. So, depending on the tee-shirt I have on, I might try to educate.

I know fudds in gun store spread their lore.
    I was gonna say something but figured it was no use.

Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    I wondered how many hours of “Dirty Harry” were put on that “new” gun.
    Was it 6 hours or... only 5? To tell the truth I've forgotten myself in all this bullshit. But being this is a Bogart Flick and can shear the yoke clean off you gotta ask yourself one question. "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, customer?

User Tag List