Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your FAVORITE handgun? And why?

I could happily live the rest of my handgunnery life with my old Colt DE, my Single Six, and if permitted three also my rimfire STI. I freely and openly admit that my two G19.4 RS and dotted .22 slide is a higher performing, more practical combination, and I'm privileged to pour the rounds through them all. I also enjoy dalliances with exotic 1911s, one of which is my father's.

But put me on the line and make it all only one and I'll be keeping that Colt. I love the thought of a Briley-fit gun. I may have to discover an appropriate candidate.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Site Supporter
    Colt Special Combat Government 45 built by the Custom Shop.

Site Supporter
    Glock 19.5. Function equals beauty.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

My favorite handguns are all for sentimental reasons. If I had to pick one, it would be my flatgate single-six that I learned to shoot on as a very young kid. I don’t have any memories of that gun not being around. I think I was maybe 4 or 5 at the most when I shot it the first time, with my dad holding it for me.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

My SS Colt Gold Commander is my favorite. I've had it since the 90s and it's been all over the country with me.
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Don't have a favorite and don't go all in for any of them.

The perfect $3000 pistol today will only be the latest and greatest for a very short time.
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

Quote Originally Posted by Hstanton1 View Post

<snip>

1911s and beretta 92s are the mainstay favorites that all of my other flash in the pan gun interests revolve around though.
    This is pretty much where I am now.
    Except;

A Smith Model 14, K38, that's just a pleasure to shoot and handle.
    The Pre-model 10 that was my father's service revolver.

I've lusted after several Hi-powers, only to foolishly sell them off. The last Being a two tone 'Practical" model.

I've always wanted an Hk squeeze cocker, only because they have such a coolness factor.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Even though I’m carrying Glock, my favorite handgun is probably the P226 followed closely by the PX4 Compact Carry.

P226 is mostly due to it having been my first handgun and there’s just something about when Sig was making their stuff correctly and those guns have a nice aesthetic to them.

The PX4 CC because it’s stupid fun to shoot and carries easily.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Narrowing down to just one is hard for sure. Overall, I would have to say the Beretta 92 (Elite LTT to be exact). However, I have a CZ P09, that I have worked over and have just the way I like it and I shoot it great.

P30. I've stuck with it the longest for serious shooting. I contemplated moving on to greener pastures (easier to shoot) guns until Wright came out with their I-Dot system. It fits my lifestyle needs the best.

The handgun I'll never sell is my 1990's Delta Elite 10mm. That was my only handgun for about 15 years, started competing with it, carried it everyday, carried it in the woods, and finally got a really nice black bear with it. Now it sits in the same mostly in favor of a HK45c in 45 Super.

User Tag List