Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your FAVORITE handgun? And why?

Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    What holster is that for 28?
    FIST model 1K clip. Last I checked their website is cludgey as ever but it's there. However I seem to recall I couldn't confirm a 4" N frame was available so I called. I've had about a half dozen of these at different angles for different guns in "extra-thin" Kydex. They can start to crack in about 10 years of frequent use but they're relatively inexpensive. They sew two sheets together instead of folding and makes for pretty thin overall bulk. Clips are like the common today style from (DSG or DCC) with the hook inside the clip.

https://www.fist-holsters.com/
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by Will Fennell View Post
    Thought choice for the FAVORITE……there are handguns that I would never sell, like my S&W M29 that was my 21’s Bday present, but as for my FAVORITE…..

My Wilson Combat Ultra Light Carry(Alloy frame) 5” 38 Super/9mm switch barrel take that title.

Attachment 94951

Attachment 94954

Those hits are at 100 yards.
    Nice ! I've had to make standing unsupported shots at between 50-60 yards in matches and 10+1 of .38SA was more than enough when other competitors with higher capacity were running out. I have a Brown drop in 9mm barrel and .22 top end. Both run great.

At the present time, it's the S&W 43c that is in my pocket every day. My favorite has changed many times in the years since I started liking hand guns. Many years ago it was my Stallion 45 cap gun. Lots of changes since then.

Name:  IMG_7923.jpg
Views: 639
Size:  35.5 KB

Definitely the Beretta 92. I grew up watching ‘80s and 90s action movies and that was the good guy’s gun. It was also the first handgun I was ever issued and carried into harms way. If my job would let me carry one, I would. I really like my Elite LTT.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    Attachment 94944Attachment 94943

This GP100. ‘Cause, one night in June 1993, I lived. We shared an adventure. Gravest Extreme. No Second Place Winner.

“Gravest Extreme” borrowed from @Mas Ayoob. “No Second Place Winner” borrowed from the late, great Bill Jordan.
    Glad you got through that OK, Rex.

I would bet that for most of us who own a .38super, it’s a favorite gun.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Generally? 1911: I prefer shooting 1911s to any other handgun
    Pragmatically? Glock: they make the most sense in pretty much all applications where they fill a niche
    Regret Selling? YB 1* 1911: can't get them anymore, neat gun
    Currently Owned? Glock 19: refinement of the "pragmatic" category, just works, and works for pretty much anything I'd need a pistol to do.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

This should be easy, but I trusted somebody I should not have and the M-15 I (Dad) bought in 1973 with money I earned delivering newspapers, was taken in a burglary. I replaced it with a M-19 that is even better, but by the time the M-15 was stolen I had transitioned to focusing on 1911s, so I never really bonded like I had with the M-15 when it was MY one and only. And the Security Six I bought myself on my 21st birthday was taken in the same burglary...

These days I have really embraced the lowly and soulless M&Ps, and I have been shooting better than ever. I am shooting at least once every week and that is probably why I am shooting well, but just never mind all that logic, we are talking emotion here.

But no matter how frequently and how well I am shooting my plastic guns, just reaching into the safe and picking up a 1911 is like meeting up with an old friend and popping open a cold beer.

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    My deep down favourites have all been 1911s; I still have a Baer Ultimate Tactical Carry (sorry, like a lot of gun guy products, the model name hurts a bit to say out loud) that shoots like a house on fire and that brings me joy every time I pick it up. I shot it in a Hackathorn course, I think it was advanced tactical pistol? I recall he had us do "The Test" of 10 rounds, 10 seconds, 10 yards on a B8 with a minimum score of 90 to continue in the class; IIRC we did it cold, individually, while he stood there with the timer, watching each shooter, at the beginning of day one. It was the first of two 3-day classes on consecutive weekends with him and one of those moments where you figure you have one chance to either impress your hero or go home in shame and defeat and although I can't speak for anyone else I think I was losing a pound every five minutes while waiting for my turn. Anyway having him say "nice work, nice gun" at the end is lifetime highlight reel stuff for me. I don't really go for hero worship but he's one of a small handful of guys for whom I involuntarily make an exception.

I do have a 4506 that I smile every time I look at because it's identical to one somebody pointed at me in anger many years ago and which I had in my possession for a little while afterwards...but that's more of an in-person story, not an in-print story. The only detail I will supply here is that I recognized the one pointed at me as a pretty mint 4506 and was so shocked that some dirtbag had one, I think my disbelief transferred onto the guy holding it and he froze up about as much as I did, I just thawed out quicker. Anyway that's ancient history and happened in another country so I couldn't keep it, regardless of anything else, but having its twin is kind of special.

I have a gen 3 glock that might be the first glock I ever owned; it's been beaten to hell, stippled (by me), cut down to take G19 mags (also by me) and has a sort of micro-magwell inside the slightly reshaped backstrap made from Devcon (yep, me again) and wears trijicons and a Crimson Trace and sometimes a light, and man, I probably still shoot it more than all my other glocks put together. I can't believe it still works and how little maintenance it's had; it was my a/b comparison gun when I was testing stuff for the magazine, after having been my primary training gun for something like a decade. No idea how many tens of thousands of rounds it's consumed but well into six figures.

A glock 20sf is another personal favourite but I almost never shoot it anymore.

My wife has a West German 226 that's not even mine but is still one of my favourites. She doesn't shoot it enough anymore to remain proficient (frankly I don't shoot enough anymore to be very good either) but man, that thing is truly from the Hell-And-Back performance era of SIG. Great pistol.

That's about it for serious guns that I actually emotionally bonded with. But as far as unserious guns go, I have one of the original Skorpions in .32ACP which is totally stupid but it's one of the guns I wanted when I was a kid so I have one and I love it but I know it's stupid. I tell people that a full mag of .32 is basically a single load of 00 Buck... but only because I think it's important we at Pistol Forum, and in the wider world as well I guess, all stay current on FAST:

Face drooping
    Arm weakness
    Speech slurred
    Time to call 911 and report a stroke

Remember if you get them to the hospital and into treatment within an hour, odds of survival increase dramatically.
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

Hands down 3rd Gen Smith autos. I sold away a 4566 in VG condition 13 years ago and haven’t stopped beating myself up since. I currently have a 5906 that I found as new-old stock from Buds a couple years ago. My favorite pistol. There’s some inexplicable quality steel guns bring to the table that polymer guns never will. I really want to send it off to the Performance Center for tuning and perhaps to somewhere for a modern nickel based finish but I can’t make up my mind. The idea of Wright Armory refinishing the gun inside and out in NP3 is tempting as well.

User Tag List