Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your FAVORITE handgun? And why?

My Browning Buckmark with TacSol barrel. Suppressed, of course. It's a smile maker and super accurate.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Dan Wesson 4" 38 special, maybe made the year I was born, definitely made in the town my 4 grandparents lived in--and I lived in for a brief while right after I was born. Purely sentimental, I still haven't found the right speedloader that doesn't want to bind, and I'm a little leery of shooting it overmuch anyway (though of course it's very robust) because there's really not much part availability for it. This is the only gun I own simply because I want to own it. Everything else fills a real or imagined need.

Interesting how many of the guns mentioned in this thread are revolvers!
    O judgment! Thou art fled to brutish beasts, And men have lost their reason.

Site Supporter
    There's an old 1911 of mine. Built long ago on Caspian frame and slide by yours truly. I'd never willingly part with it. I've carried it, competed with it, experimented on it.

Built it as a way of coping with a heartache after being left by a then fiancee.

But now, happily married and in a much healthier place in life, the gun is a relic of a time passed and a reminder that things can get better.

I've stopped counting after it passed 30,000 rounds. Still shoots quite well. I have other guns with which to carry and compete.

The finish is worn and it's probably due to be refinished at some point soon. But I like it as it is.

For my "gotta go fast" gun, its definitely the alchemy prime 9mm

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by Moylan View Post

I know that the way I feel revolvers echoes heavily in how I feel about fighter jets, oddly enough. I know that the Glocks and F-35s are the future of the holster and the sky. I know that capacity, light weight, and stealth are the current and future era.

But I look at a pristine Model 10 or Colt Python and I see a Block 70 F-16 or an F-15EX. The pinnacle of an art form that recollects an era I recall enjoying more than this one.

Call it rose-colored shooting glasses.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

My custom 2011 open gun. Looks like a spaceblaster, always makes me smile when I shoot it.

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    My favorite handguns are all for sentimental reasons. If I had to pick one, it would be my flatgate single-six that I learned to shoot on as a very young kid. I don’t have any memories of that gun not being around. I think I was maybe 4 or 5 at the most when I shot it the first time, with my dad holding it for me.
    Favorites are all about sentiment.

I learned to shoot on a S&W .22/.32 Kit Gun. Basically, it's a four-inch pre-Model 34 built on the I frame. I still love them and I'll buy some variant of it every few years because of that history. But I always resell them because they're too small for me to shoot well and putting big grips on one seems sacrilegious.

My favorite is a post-war K22 because it reminds me of the Kit Gun and I went through my McGivern phase with one. I like the ones with the fish-hook hammer the best.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Site Supporter
    For a just because gun - my SW 632 327 mag, SS, 3 inch, comp'ed, fiber optic front sight. It fits my hand and shoots various loads well and the aesthetics of a fine revolver.

Practical gun - one of my 9mm Glocks. Hard to choose between them. They work, they are easy to clean, the grip angle is just fine. They fit my hands. 26, 19, 17 , all good.

Quote Originally Posted by Moylan View Post
    Positively striking! My favorite carry gun is my RTF2 G19. Favorite to shoot is a 9mm Operator totally accurized by Dave Sams.

My head is about training/carrying semiautos but top top favorite and the heart takes over. Wheelies, which I was raised on are just special.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    I know that the way I feel revolvers echoes heavily in how I feel about fighter jets, oddly enough.
    Being 65 and all for me it's the F4 Phantom. Painted camo on top, light belly, streaking over the jungle canopy.

Or barreling on a low gun run (not firing) in an episode of "O'hara, United States Treasury" when the outgunned O'Hara (David Jensen) called in the Air Force fighter jock out in the desert to show the BGs the gun pod up close.

I've never gotten over that scene it appears.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

My favorite is pretty much all of them.

Right now, I'm very enamored of my Shadow 2 OR, with SRO on top. It is REALLY teaching me a lot, because I know when my techniques are making it NOT hit precisely what I'm looking at.

But there's pretty much anything that looks/feels like a Single Action Army - probably my favorite handgun of all time. I just love everything about them.

Or the 1911, which was the first centerfire semiauto I shot, and therefore is always the pistol against which all others are measured. SO easy to shoot at an extremely high level.

And old-school S&W revolvers - like my custom 3.5" N-frame conversion to 45 Colt. The trigger on that revolver is truly spectacular.

And my P7M8, because it's simply the snowflakiest, coolest pistol I've ever owned.

And the G19 - which is a complete brick that ALWAYS works, carries a lot of ammunition, and can be shot really fast at moderate distances on moderate targe

And my P07, latest to my stable, and currently the thing that's pulling my attention away from the S2 when I should be focusing on getting better with optics.

And my GP100 MC, which is just SO much fun to shoot.

And my LCR, which gets carried more than any/all of the above.

And...

User Tag List