Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your FAVORITE handgun? And why?

My favorite right now would have to be my Beretta 92FS that I’ve converted to G. It was the gun that I really started to get serious in USPSA with and is currently my backup Production gun to my Elite LTT Centurion. I consistently shoot my Berettas better than anything else I have and they’re just damn sexy. Growing up in the 80s and 90s we also saw them damn near everywhere is TV and Movies.

One that I don't even own, or have ever shot.

Mauser C96!!

Always wanted one since I was a kid. They just look super cool to me

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

I had my Fav pistol built for me. Well, for my son, actually. The late Jim Garthwaite did a great job, and I hope it passes through the generations of my family. I've got a couple cool ones left, and a couple more in the pipeline, but this one just makes me happy:

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Being 65 and all for me it's the F4 Phantom. Painted camo on top, light belly, streaking over the jungle canopy.

Or barreling on a low gun run (not firing) in an episode of "O'hara, United States Treasury" when the outgunned O'Hara (David Jensen) called in the Air Force fighter jock out in the desert to show the BGs the gun pod up close.

I've never gotten over that scene it appears.
    You just had to go and pique my curiosity.

Part 1

Part 2

It’ll always be a 1911. I learned to shoot pistols on 1911s, and they’ll always be the thing that combines sentimental value with something I shoot well and can use practically (I know, practicality is debatable).

Specific favorite is a tie between two of the three I own, both gifts from my father (who to be clear is still living so they don’t have THAT specific sentimental attachment yet).

1. The Ed Brown EVO KC9 I carry every day and keep holstered on the nightstand every night. It’s scary accurate, even in my hands, with HST 124gr and any other quality 124gr load. As in put sights where hole needs to be, press trigger, hole appears there.

2. The ugly* old Kimber Team Match II in .45 I’ve had since some time in high school (there was a legal formal transfer in there after 21 but it’s been “mine” since it was acquired). I had shot other 1911s but this is the one I’ve shot a whole lot. After shooting it a lot, it’s the one I’ve learned how to modify and maintain 1911s on since I’ve started carrying them. A lot of part replacements and upgrades later, now it’s a very reliable trainer and backup carry gun in addition to being just my favorite range gun because it’s familiar.

*very crooked checkering lines on the front strap, some horizontal lines that the vertical ones don’t quite reach to, tool marks, idiot mark from a previous owner, wear and tear from me, kindof a dull stainless finish, etc., still love it.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWTO View Post
    Since we’re in the autoloader forum, USP 9 Compact Match-LEM hybrid. For those that know, hell yeah.

To honestly answer the question: a S&W Safety Hammerless 4th Model in .38 S&W, built during Teddy Roosevelt’s second term. How it landed with my Aunt involves both World Wars, the Depression, and lobster pots. One day I’ll make a GD post about it.
    I hope you wound up with this revolver & post a few pics. Sincerely interested in the story.

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    It's a cruel cruel question.

This. The K-22 I've been shooting since I was a lad. Pre-teen lad.

Attachment 94897

Runner up is this Model 28 (no dash)

Attachment 94898

I forgot the why part.

K-22. My dad parted with his 6 1/2 inch blued Model 29 to get the K-22 and a K-38 so there was something I could actually learn with. It's a laser accurate .22.

The Model 28 I've only had maybe 8 years but it's a visceral thing. Raw brutal passion. No flash, just blunt force. And sexy as hell to gaze upon.
    What holster is that for 28?

I can pick between a couple depending on my mood.

1) HK P30/P30L (hammer)

2) HK VP9 (striker)

Reasons:
    Build quality, durability, accuracy, generally bomb proof. VP9 has a great trigger.

Detractions:
    P30 - the crazy uber curved trigger shoe. What the actual hell were they thinking?
    Both models: No slimline versions. Sometimes you need it to be skinny.

My 18-3 is my favorite fun gun.

My OD Gen3 G19 is my favorite serious (hand)gun.

LET'S GO BRANDON!

This is hard since I won't keep anything that I'm only lukewarm on.. So I don't have many. But, the one I keep coming back to as a practical, reliable, heavy duty arm is my Colt .38 Super Auto. I use it in two gun almost all the time. I've tried two others but they just didn't have what I was looking for, in fact I'll be selling one soon. The Colt is lightly modified, sights I can see and a useful trigger. The dovetail sights required a refinish so I went with cerokote, that was about 9 years ago. That finish was wearing through in many areas and our tropical climate is unforgiving. So I painted it, base of FDE, Mil brown and a spot of foliage green. Ugly in a cool way to start, now uglier with wear.

My S&W M13, 3" also stands apart.

User Tag List