Thread: Sights For Gen4 Glock G22/31

Sights For Gen4 Glock G22/31

Question for the p-f cognoscenti: My Gen4 Glock G22 has been wearing Glock steel sights that I had installed by the department armorer; over the years I've actually been pretty pleased with them.

The G22/31(I also have a .357 SIG Glock barrel for it) shoots nicely POA/POI with both 180 and 165 gr .40, and 125 gr .357 SIG. The gun is used for EDC, duty, IDPA, hunting (back-up with Underwood Lehigh Xtreme Penetrator cartridges for black bear and cougar) and GSSF.

I recently got a set of Sevigney/Warren Carry sights-black rear and fiber optic front. I have a set of Sevigney/Warren Carry sights on my G21, black front, black rear, with the front sight given a white base coat, followed by a coat of Testor's fluorescent orange, and topped with a Dullcote sealer.

I'm instinctive opposed to the fiber optic front, and am more inclined to get a Sevigney/Warren black serrated front, and paint it as I did with the G21s, if I choose to take off the Glock steels...

What do you guys think? I like the ruggedness and simplicity of the Glock steels (especially as a hunting backup), but I've also used the G21 with the Sevigney/Warrens in that role.

Option 1. Keep the Glock steels on the gun

Option 2. Replace the Glock steels with the Sevigney/Warren Carrys with the fiber optic front

Option 3. Replace the Glock steels with Sevigney/Warren Carrys, plain front and rear (but painting the front as described)

Best, Jon

If those are the only options you're considering, I'd say option 2.

But my personal preferrence on an irons-only gun is an Ameriglo Bold front (orange square w/ tritium) and OEM steel rear. Very visually eye-catching in all lighting conditions.

User Tag List