Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Decisions are hard - truck edition *UPDATE* see post #123

V-8 is going to be standard on the 2023 Tremor. Those should be out soon.
    "Rich," the Old Man said dreamily, "is a little whiskey to drink and some food to eat and a roof over your head and a fish pole and a boat and a gun and a dollar for a box of shells." Robert Ruark

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shotgun View Post
    V-8 is going to be standard on the 2023 Tremor. Those should be out soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    You *have* to order a '23 F-150 now, order banks are closed for the '22. The 5.0 is now the base engine, the 3.5 is a roughly $800 option. Ford added that cylinder deactivation tech to the Coyote now, not sure I want to deal with that. Or the temptation to Whipple it. That way lies madness.
    I'm aware.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Tremor build:

Base truck W1E
    High package 402A
    3.5 Ecoboost 998
    Stop/Start Removal 52X
    Front Torsen Differential 61T
    Locking underseat storage 60P
    Spray in Bedliner 96W

Total cost pre-sales tax: $64,546.06 unless I can get a Ford PCO.

I kept flip-flopping on the panoramic moonroof. It seems cool at first, but eventually it's going to either leak or squeak or both and I'm not likely to use to use it that much. I've elected to forego it.

Tremor build:

Base truck W1E
    High package 402A
    3.5 Ecoboost 998
    Stop/Start Removal 52X
    Spray in Bedliner 96W

I kept flip-flopping on the panoramic moonroof. It seems cool at first, but eventually it's going to either leak or squeak or both and I'm not likely to use to use it that much. I've elected to forego it.
    I miscalculated somehow. $64,095 from Granger, + $225 dealer fees/temp tag fee -$500 1st Responder rebate, so $63,820+ sales tax

Tremor build:

Base truck W1E
    High package 402A
    3.5 Ecoboost 998
    Stop/Start Removal 52X
    Spray in Bedliner 96W

Good call on the moonroof IMHO. I had one on my 2017 that came off the tracks twice. Significant repair. Even when it was fixed and closed it made an annoying creaky sound when going over any kind of bump. I skipped it on my 2021 and don’t miss it.

Quote Originally Posted by Soxfan9 View Post
    Good call on the moonroof IMHO. I had one on my 2017 that came off the tracks twice. Significant repair. Even when it was fixed and closed it made an annoying creaky sound when going over any kind of bump. I skipped it on my 2021 and don’t miss it.
    Thanks. I keep revisting that stupid idea, and that's just what I need to hear. I hate creaky sounds.

A sun / moonroof on something that you will chassis flex, either on road or off is a bad idea.

We had a 2015 Ford Edge (thankfully sold) and still have a 2017 Ford F150 XLT with panoramic moonroofs. They both were giant fails. They would stall out and have to be helped closed. I blew them out with compressed air, cleaned them in accordance with the service manual and lubed them with the official Ford grease, which gram for gram was probably just as expensive as some fairly pure Bolivian Marching Powder.

I almost didn't buy the truck BECAUSE it had the moonroof, but it was March of 2021 when things were getting really weird with used car inventory, and I didn't want to tow our travel trailer with my 2001 F150. This 2017 had all the other options I wanted, but I wasn't surprised when the moon roof shit the bed.

I think the moon roof option takes away a couple hundred pounds of payload too, IIRC.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

https://www.carfax.com/vehicle/3C6TR5EJ6MG696356

Purdy.

I still need to drive one and get it out of my head.

I have a friend who is on his third F150 Ecoboost. I have no idea why he keeps buying them, or any other ford product after all the troubles he's had with most of them. All three Ecoboost engines have had some sort of a turbo issue. Ford basically said, "Too bad!" and wouldn't cover it, even though it had just gone out of warranty about 1000 miles earlier. The dealer ended up putting in some cash for the repair, so it only cost $1000 out of pocket. He swears no more Ecoboost, he's going to get a V8 next time (I would guess it will be his last truck). Between his and other friend's problems with them, I personally wouldn't touch an Ecoboost truck with a 10 foot pole.

He's had some really sad vehicles over the almost 40 years I've known him, and I would have been gone from Ford about the time his Windstar van was eating transmissions. It ended up having SEVEN in 3 years. One replacement didn't even get out of the dealer's parking lot. My current car has had zero issues in a little over 4 years, the only other vehicles I've owned that have been as good or nearly as good was my '82 Blazer, which had 4 years and 65,000 miles of nothing going wrong with it. I did manage to hit the garage door and damage the roof rack when the garage door refused to go up all the way and I didn't see it. Close behind was my '88 S10 Blazer, and my 2000 Sierra, which had the most pitiful stereo I've ever heard, but until it was damaged in a wreck, was pretty much perfect. I don't like the current GM trucks much at all though, I would probably get a Ram. I really liked my '03 1500, which I had to get rid of after I was injured badly in a fall.

User Tag List