Thread: Carry Optics pistol size

Carry Optics pistol size

I'm looking at the IDPA equipment appendix. It appears to say that Carry Optics guns have to meet ESP standards. ESP standards seem to say the pistol can be no more than 6" tall. My CZ P07 is 6" from the top of the RMR to the bottom of the mag well with a stock 15-round magazine in it. On the other hand, the rules say "...except as it relates to sights..." So...does anyone know how the IDPA pistol box fit thing actually works with carry optics? I want to use extended 22-round mags. If I ignore the RMR and measure the P07 from the top of the slide to the bottom of my 22-round mags, the measurement is just a hair under six inches. So I'd like to think I'm good to go. Anyone know? Thanks!
    O judgment! Thou art fled to brutish beasts, And men have lost their reason.

IDPA Carry Optics is an ESP plus a dot.
    The sight does not count in the dimensions, the physical box is notched out to let it protrude.

If your gun is not over six inches from the top of the iron sights, if any, to the bottom of the longest magazine you plan to use, you are ok.

But why a 22 shot magazine in a 10 shot Division?
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    IDPA Carry Optics is an ESP plus a dot.
    The sight does not count in the dimensions, the physical box is notched out to let it protrude.

If your gun is not over six inches from the top of the iron sights, if any, to the bottom of the longest magazine you plan to use, you are ok.

But why a 22 shot magazine in a 10 shot Division?
    Ha! I was concerned about magazine size and pistol size--I didn't see a capacity limit. Is it really 10 rounds? Even still, I might prefer to use the longer mags because I've been practicing with them and I find them easier to handle, and easier to insert accurately into the mag well. Really, 10 rounds? Sigh.

Anyway, thanks a lot for the answer!
    O judgment! Thou art fled to brutish beasts, And men have lost their reason.

Yes, the number of the loading shall be ten excepting at the load and make ready ceremony when it must be eleven; yet replentishment shall be ten and only ten.

Nine or fewer is not permitted except as spelt out in the Book of the Course of Fire for that particular instance.
    A dozen is right out.

These and other high secrets are to be found under the Seal of the Book of Rules and otherwise learnt only three seconds at a time.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Really nothing to add except to say, Jim is correct.

User Tag List