Thread: Psa dagger G45 size

Psa dagger G45 size

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-...black-dlc.html

Looks like psa just came out with a Glock 45 size dagger. I don’t have a dagger yet but it’s getting harder to not just buy one to try out.
    Instagram: sometimesishootCs

Site Supporter
    I've got a G45 and I wonder how this would work as a backup/training gun.

Site Supporter
    Does anybody have any experience with these? Positive or negative?

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post

I've been intermittently using my Dagger / RMR combo for several months shooting Steel Challenge and some USPSA stages. It has acted as sort of a gateway proof of concepts for me.

I'd have to check round count, but probably under 800 at this point. I appreciate the single finger groove / recoil lug, the slight palm swell and overall side to side profile "feels" good while still remaining flat enough to provide good tracking, without the twisting / swimming some more ergonomic guns exhibit.

It points like a Glock, and the trigger feels like you're dragging a polished chain through gravel.

Once the RMR comes off and goes on the P2000sk, I'll likely find another optic and hang onto it. For the price, it's a fun shooter.
    Last edited by CCT125US; 09-26-2022 at 05:51 PM.
    Taking a break from social media.

Vending Machine Operator
    There's an amusing irony to the Dagger. From 2013 to 2018 or so, I lived in the $300-400 price bracket. I would have bought one on release day. Nothing got the blood pumping like a gun bargain. Now I'm much more inclined to save an extra $150-200 for a Glock/M&P.

That said, I think there's a lot of value to a Glock-ish clone as a spare range trainer for $200 less.

In terms of actual carry or defense use, it'll take a much longer track record of reliability to sell me on that versus a SD9VE.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post

I have two. My first one I purchased in September 2022, mostly out of curiosity. And I wanted to try a handgun with a slide mounted red dot, and this was a cheap way to play around with the concept without cutting up one of my other guns.

That slide/frame combination with a Holosun 407 recently passed 1500 rounds. It needed about 100 rounds to completely break in, but since then it has been 100% reliable. It's gone from being a pistol I purchased to just play with on the range, to a frequent shooter.

I took it to a class recently, and it was fine. I'm going to start carrying it in cooler weather when I often carry OWB with a shirt or vest as cover garment. I know it's an inexpensive gun, but it's proven itself reliable and accurate. I don't think I'd carry one new with just a box of ammo through it, but like I said, 1500 rounds of reliable function make me doubt it's suddenly going to stop working.

I've shot M&Ps for a long time, so the hinged trigger didn't really bother me.

PSA definitely had some teething pains with the early production Daggers. I think they've resolved these.

I also just purchased another one, because sometimes I can't resist the Daily Deals.

Currently by the ocean in CA and on the move to a more free state. Three more years!
    I purchased at Dagger slide with RMR cut for my Glock 19 to be able to test a red dot on a pistol. The slide itself is well done and has been 100% on my 19 for about 450 rounds so far. Not a complete pistol, but it seems they have the slide down.

User Tag List