Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: PF Hurricane Thread 2022

Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Some good news: Sanibel Causeway reopens for truck convoy; open to civilians on Oct. 21

A convoy of trucks crossed the Sanibel Causeway on Tuesday afternoon as Gov. Ron DeSantis announced the causeway would be open for that traffic.
    DeSantis said the causeway will be open for civilian use on Oct. 21.

The trucks began to travel across the causeway ahead of schedule, DeSantis said, adding that it was supposed to open by 3 p.m.
    “Once the convoy goes across they have to continue some of the repairs,” DeSantis said. “It is not going to be ready to have full-time civilian traffic.”
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Getting home from NOLA to SE FL on Thursday night looks like it may not happen. Doesn't look like leaving on Wednesday or Friday are going to help me much either.

TS Nicole

Name:  145816_5day_cone_with_line_and_wind.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  81.9 KB
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Getting home from NOLA to SE FL on Thursday night looks like it may not happen. Doesn't look like leaving on Wednesday or Friday are going to help me much either.

TS Nicole
    You should be fine on Friday, if you can find a flight....
    The storm should be far enough west to fly around it and land in what is usually great post-hurricane weather after it sucks out all the clouds and humidity.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

What is that likely to mean for Tampa - wet and wind, but nothing severe?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    You should be fine on Friday, if you can find a flight....
    The storm should be far enough west to fly around it and land in what is usually great post-hurricane weather after it sucks out all the clouds and humidity.
    I'm kind of assuming that little dogleg isn't really going to happen, and it's going to be headed to NOLA , or we'll at least be feeling the effects, on Friday.

I've mentioned my family's fondness for and regular visitations to Sanibel Island.

Wanna guess where our other Florida favorite vacation location is? Yep- Dayton Beach in the Port Orange area. And they're getting washed pretty badly on the ocean side.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

I'm stuck in Orlando at a tech conference and my Orlando Friday flight out of course got cancelled. Fortunately a coworker is heading down to West Palm Beach area to visit Family and my airline allowed me to book a late Friday night flight out of that airport instead. Hoping it's back operating by that point.

Quote Originally Posted by EMC View Post
    I'm stuck in Orlando at a tech conference and my Orlando Friday flight out of course got cancelled. Fortunately a coworker is heading down to West Palm Beach area to visit Family and my airline allowed me to book a late Friday night flight out of that airport instead. Hoping it's back operating by that point.
    I can’t imagine PBI not being open by Friday.

User Tag List