Thread: Adventures with purpose

Adventures with purpose

Does anyone follow these guys? They're a couple of youtube divers who travel the states searching for missing people they think might be in their cars underwater.

Anyway, they have kind of humiliated nearby law enforcement by finding a missing girl 14 feet underwater a couple dozen yards from where she had parked & was last seen/cell pinged. Authorities had spent 20,000 man-hours searching for her over the last 2 weeks and had assured the volunteer divers not to waste their time there because that reservoir had been thoroughly searched. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...reservoir.html

Don't follow them. However I've watched, listen to several of the episodes on youtube. My wife discovered them and would be playing their videos while I would be driving us around the county, state, etc.

There was a somewhat similar case Somewhere In The Deep South. Law enforcement was telling them that they were wasting their time, go away, don't involve themselves. Law enforcement divers spent thousands and thousands of hours dragging the river trying to find the missing person. Adventures with purpose showed up and within an hour found the body.

They've found about 2 dozen bodies total, last time I watched their channel.

Without commenting on any of the local-PD interactions, I'll just point out that this doesn't seem to be totally an equipment or diving skill issue; the main sonar they use sells for less than $1000, and they are self-taught divers (a good way to die). It may be an issue mostly of interest and time (although unclear in the case referenced upthread).

Quote Originally Posted by TheRoland View Post
    They've found about 2 dozen bodies total, last time I watched their channel.

Without commenting on any of the local-PD interactions, I'll just point out that this doesn't seem to be totally an equipment or diving skill issue; the main sonar they use sells for less than $1000, and they are self-taught divers (a good way to die). It may be an issue mostly of interest and time (although unclear in the case referenced upthread).
    Didn't realize you could become a self taught diver.

Video is up. I'm glad they found her, but the manner in which they stir up drama to solicit contributions really turns me off:

YouTube drama update:

So AWP made a big deal about how sure they were foul play was involved with Kiely Rodni's death and did a bunch of true crime Livestreams where people donate money. And then it turns out her death was just a DUI accident and it was actually caught on camera from a fire lookout.

Now we learn the founder/ceo of AWP has been charged with raping his cousin when she was 9 ( https://people.com/crime/adventures-...ed-child-rape/ ) so all of these AWP personailities are jumping ship like rats and now telling stories about how Jared was begging for money every time they had a flat tire or breakdown despite bringing in millions of dollars.

Damn, I'll have to read into that a little more later when I get some breaks at work hopefully today. Just getting over my morning coffee right now. I noticed that he had not been on any of their more recent videos and wondered if something had happened to him.

YouTube gotta drama, or else no dollars come in.

User Tag List