Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: PF Hurricane Thread 2022

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkwell 41 View Post
    Wind is picking up and rain bands are rolling through now. Spicy night and day ahead of us.
    Good Luck dude.

Is the more southernly track tonight making things sportier for y’all?

One mns trash is another man’s treasure.

Name:  E146EB38-27DA-4804-A214-F30628268556.jpg
Views: 334
Size:  52.7 KB
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Good Luck dude.

Is the more southernly track tonight making things sportier for y’all?
    Thank you. Yeah, we’re in the current forecast area for landfall. It is what it is.

Prayers for everyone in the path of this one.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I once knew a woman who was on a Red Cross disaster relief team. Tornadoes, hurricanes, floods, she would go and help out. She had a job that was very supportive of her volunteering efforts. They may have even given her partial pay during her absences. Anyway, she went down to Florida for the recovery from Hurricane Andrew. I believe she spent nearly a month down there. When she came back, she quit the Red Cross. She later told me that if she had had a gun at a time, she probably would’ve killed people. And that’s about all that she would say about it. I gathered that things got pretty gnarly.

So be careful, people. Sometimes, disasters can bring out the worst there is.
    I put in some volunteer time at local shelters after Harvey in 2017. You would hope that stealing from or raping your fellow evacuees would be unthinkable. Apparently not. Imagine having lost your home and almost all your possessions, being bussed with your small child 5 hours from home with nothing more than what was in your backpack, sleeping on cots in a HS gymnasium and waking up to find your wallet and phone gone. Having no way to be contacted (by family, friends or FEMA) .... and who remembers anyone's phone number to call your people from a landline? People can be real scum.

Add to your to-do list... Back up your contacts list to the cloud and have a way to access it from a generic computer or a strangers phone.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    I put in some volunteer time at local shelters after Harvey in 2017. You would hope that stealing from or raping your fellow evacuees would be unthinkable. Apparently not. Imagine having lost your home and almost all your possessions, being bussed with your small child 5 hours from home with nothing more than what was in your backpack, sleeping on cots in a HS gymnasium and waking up to find your wallet and phone gone. Having no way to be contacted (by family, friends or FEMA) .... and who remembers anyone's phone number to call your people from a landline? People can be real scum.

Add to your to-do list... Back up your contacts list to the cloud and have a way to access it from a generic computer or a strangers phone.
    One of my hats at County was shelter management. This was something we spent a lot of time trying to handle - shelter safety is a huge issue.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    One of my hats at County was shelter management. This was something we spent a lot of time trying to handle - shelter safety is a huge issue.
    Solution: 4 horses and 4 ropes.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    Prayers for everyone in the path of this one.
    I'll add mine. This screenshot says it all: 155mph for several hours while barely moving north.

Name:  Screenshot 2022-09-28 100300.jpg
Views: 247
Size:  45.0 KB
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Solution: 4 horses and 4 ropes.
    An axe and a single pike might be enough.

If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    An axe and a single pike might be enough.

One of my favorites.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

User Tag List