Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Century Arms MKE AP5-C....buy it or you will regret it later.

Site Supporter
    It's important to differentiate between Century-built guns, Century contracted builds (Hesse Arms, DC industries, etc) and Century Arms imported guns. The AP5 is a factory MKE gun imported from Turkey by Century Arms.

So in this case, if it's a turd, it's a Turkish turd not a Century turd.

Site Supporter
    Hmmm, the knockoff mp5K has such sex appeal to me, but maybe it's just because I watched The Matrix a few too many times...

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    That would be my concern, too. It seems like when their stuff runs, it runs - but getting a dog dealt with is a pain. Then again, I come from the “angry beaver” era of Century FALs.
    Name:  F9CEFC88-1AF4-4030-9E02-3DAC2E00767F.jpg
Views: 646
Size:  64.9 KB

Posted as a Century veteran with campaign ribbons for

CETME ground bolt
    Canted AK FSB
    Garand built on CAI receiver
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    It's important to differentiate between Century-built guns, Century contracted builds (Hesse Arms, DC industries, etc) and Century Arms imported guns. The AP5 is a factory MKE gun imported from Turkey by Century Arms.

So in this case, if it's a turd, it's a Turkish turd not a Century turd.
    True but why pass up a good opportunity to kick them in the jimmy?😁

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Seriously, I would consider a MKE made Century gun, but I’d want to be able to inspect it before doing the 4473. I think it’s likely most of them are just fine, and some are probably spectacular. My issue is more past bad experience with Century’s customer service.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    I've heard of Century's crappy customer service, but my experience was great. I bought a full size AP5 package with brace this summer when they were offering the $200 rebate. I didn't notice that the included brace was for a K model until I got home. I called Century's customer service line and got a human being on the first try. She confidently and politely told me to email their tech support about the issue, and to include the model and serial number. Less than 3 business days later, I got a reply apologizing for the mixup, and they asked for my mailing address. The brace was shipped out promptly and fit snugly.

Mine has been flawless so far through 400 rds from 115 to 147 gr, aluminum and brass casing, cheap crap to my own handloads to Speer GDs, with and without a can. I only ran 15 rds of the Speer, though. I've used the included MKE mags, recent rebranded KCI/Zenith mags, as well as an HK mag.

I loved it so much that I jumped on a great deal for a K that was being sold locally. That one also ran flawlessly through about 200 rds, but I noticed how cramped the cocking handle gets between the short handguard and the claw mount with an optic. I sold it and bought a second full size base model. I'll add that I've been seeing multiple reports on Reddit (I know) that K models tend to be more problematic than the full size ones, and it seems that the brace may be the culprit.

I've always wanted an MP5. It's been a grail gun since i was a little kid. Darn your hide for making me consider one of these potentially affordable ones instead of being able to blow off the concept entirely due to price.

I'd gladly swap out my Scorpion to have an HK clone instead if it runs good. This category is pretty much a toy so I might as well at least have the toy I've always wanted
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    True but why pass up a good opportunity to kick them in the jimmy?😁
    A fair point, considering the headaches and heartache they've put some folks through.
    But for all the weird frankenguns they made, Century Arms also imported a lot of cool & cheap milsurp that I could afford as broke-ass-teenager back in the day, so I have a soft spot for them as a company.

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    I've always wanted an MP5. It's been a grail gun since i was a little kid. Darn your hide for making me consider one of these potentially affordable ones instead of being able to blow off the concept entirely due to price.

I'd gladly swap out my Scorpion to have an HK clone instead if it runs good. This category is pretty much a toy so I might as well at least have the toy I've always wanted
    Yes, yes, and yes. Do it!

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    But for all the weird frankenguns they made, Century Arms also imported a lot of cool & cheap milsurp that I could afford as broke-ass-teenager back in the day, so I have a soft spot for them as a company.
    I've absolutely got some "good old days" love for them as well. Thanks to Century, my introduction to personally owned battle rifles was an SAR2 and half a case of surplus 5.45. As a married E4 with 2 kids, ANY AR was off the table in 1999-2000 unless it was a gift from someone. Then after I got out I stayed "broke" thanks to their surplus bolt action and revolver imports. Man I wish I had a lot of that stuff back. Including the SAR2...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    I've absolutely got some "good old days" love for them as well. Thanks to Century, my introduction to personally owned battle rifles was an SAR2 and half a case of surplus 5.45. As a married E4 with 2 kids, ANY AR was off the table in 1999-2000 unless it was a gift from someone. Then after I got out I stayed "broke" thanks to their surplus bolt action and revolver imports. Man I wish I had a lot of that stuff back. Including the SAR2...
    I had an SAR1 back in those days - nothing like 7.62x39 for $89/1000, and being able to go shooting with a buddy all afternoon and still have ammo left over!

User Tag List