Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Century Arms MKE AP5-C....buy it or you will regret it later.

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    PSA has the AP5-M (MP5K non-PDW) style for $899 after the coupon code:

https://palmettostatearmory.com/cent...hg6036a-n.html
    They’ve also been selling the regular AP5 (full-size MP5 clone) for $1000 with a coupon code for the past few weeks. It’ll go out of stock for a couple of days then it’ll come back. I think the code was “century.” It’s sold out now but I expect it to come back in stock.
    https://palmettostatearmory.com/cent...hg6034a-n.html
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    I think the code was “century.” It’s sold out now but I expect it to come back in stock.
    https://palmettostatearmory.com/cent...hg6034a-n.html
    It must have sold out just before you posted… being they were in stock maybe an hour or so prior.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Enabler post- Atlantic Arms has bare bones model AP-5 and AP-5 P on sale for $1099 after “add to cart” pricing.

They also have the S&B braces for both on sale for $99 and MKE mags 2/$79.

Attachment 98820
    I picked up my AP5-P today. Gun itself seems nice, however the metal portion of the SBT tactical brace appears to be out of spec and does not fit into the end of the receiver. My FFL had another AP5-P in stock, they tried the brace on the other gun and it did not fit their other gun either.

FFL’s gunsmith advised he’s seen prior issues with SB braces being out of spec.

Ordering a Jmac 1913 adapter and will call SB on Monday.

Site Supporter
    Possibly a very stupid question. If one wants to convert one of these to an SBR, is 922r a thing? If so, what parts are recommended to replace? Does one of these with a brace possibly qualify for the Brace amnesty thing that is forth coming?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I picked up my AP5-P today. Gun itself seems nice, however the metal portion of the SBT tactical brace appears to be out of spec and does not fit into the end of the receiver. My FFL had another AP5-P in stock, they tried the brace on the other gun and it did not fit their other gun either.

FFL’s gunsmith advised he’s seen prior issues with SB braces being out of spec.

Ordering a Jmac 1913 adapter and will call SB on Monday.
    Update - S&B replaced the out of spec brace without question. Apparently my LGS guy was correct about it being a known issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimagirus View Post
    Possibly a very stupid question. If one wants to convert one of these to an SBR, is 922r a thing? If so, what parts are recommended to replace? Does one of these with a brace possibly qualify for the Brace amnesty thing that is forth coming?
    I copied this from someone on arfcom, who copied it from someone on HK pro. Seems to jell with what I’ve read on various forums looking into myself; just replace German with Turkish.

With 922r 6 parts need to be replaced from the list below as you are only allowed to have 10 foreign parts when creating a rifle. As it stands with the SP5 all parts are made in Germany as this is imported as a pistol.

You can only use 10 of the following parts, 6 need to be replaced
    1. Receiver
    2. Barrel
    3. Trunion
    4. Bolt
    5. Bolt Carrier
    6. Cocking Handle
    7. Trigger Box
    8. Trigger
    9. Hammer
    10. Sear
    11. Buttstock
    12. Pistol Grip module
    13. Forearm / Handguard
    14. Magazine Housing
    15. Magazine Follower
    16. Magazine Floorplate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I'm a tactical operator and Instructor and also retired military."

-read on another forum

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by richiecotite View Post
    I copied this from someone on arfcom, who copied it from someone on HK pro. Seems to jell with what I’ve read on various forums looking into myself; just replace German with Turkish.

With 922r 6 parts need to be replaced from the list below as you are only allowed to have 10 foreign parts when creating a rifle. As it stands with the SP5 all parts are made in Germany as this is imported as a pistol.

You can only use 10 of the following parts, 6 need to be replaced
    1. Receiver
    2. Barrel
    3. Trunion
    4. Bolt
    5. Bolt Carrier
    6. Cocking Handle
    7. Trigger Box
    8. Trigger
    9. Hammer
    10. Sear
    11. Buttstock
    12. Pistol Grip module
    13. Forearm / Handguard
    14. Magazine Housing
    15. Magazine Follower
    16. Magazine Floorplate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I had found a similar list, and forgot to reply to my own post. I ordered the Magpul grip and handguard, an American trigger box and the new Timney MP5 trigger, which should get me 7 parts once I install an American stock after the SBR paperwork is approved. I also ordered an American bolt charging handle, but I may or may not install that. Those options should allow me to use foreign made magazines.

Thanks for the reply.

The Palmetto $900 AP5-M deal is really tempting, but it’s a whole ‘nother ecosystem to buy into plus compliance for SBRing looks expensive.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    The Palmetto $900 AP5-M deal is really tempting, but it’s a whole ‘nother ecosystem to buy into plus compliance for SBRing looks expensive.
    Yeah I'm in a phase of my life where I'm not interested in new firearms without a demonstrated genuine need. One day I will circle back to this though as this is a cool looking gun for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I was kinda hoping that installing the 80 degree locking head would not induce malfunctions on every trigger pull, but that’s not the case. WTF.

Edited to add: 147gr subs with a can. Ran fine before this change.
    IIRC the 80 degree locking piece is only needed on the K models for 147gr/can use; the full size supposedly doesn't need it.

Ofc I had a K model with an 80 degree locking piece and it still had intermittent malfunctions that annoyed me to the point that I sold it for an APC9. No experience with the full size, just repeating what I've often seen posted.

User Tag List