Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Talk me out of a Smith & Wesson 2.75 Model 69

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Dane View Post
    After a few deep breaths and a word or 4, I found and ordered a replacement from Midway. Would it be worth it to call CS in the morning to complain and the possibly wanting me to ship the gun back or do I chalk it up to a ham fisted assembler over torquing a screw/ defective part and drop the replacement in when it gets here? Everything else seems fine. I'm good with just putting in the new screw when it gets here. Anyway, the plug looks good.
    Remember, if you send the gun back, you’ll need to reinstall the lock.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Well, that was easy. I called CS and I told the lady I had taken apart my new revolver and I found a broken screw. She immediately asked if it was the yolk screw, she wasn't amused when I asked how did ya know and just asked for model and serial number, my information and said a replacement would be in the mail at no cost. took all of 3 minutes from the time I dialed the number.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Dane View Post
    Well, that was easy. I called CS and I told the lady I had taken apart my new revolver and I found a broken screw. She immediately asked if it was the yolk screw, she wasn't amused when I asked how did ya know and just asked for model and serial number, my information and said a replacement would be in the mail at no cost. took all of 3 minutes from the time I dialed the number.
    Well I'm going to keep an eye out for that! Glad they took care of it.
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

The Model 69 4.25" is my first real experience with S&W revolvers and so far I am really liking it. The grip is ok, but I think there could be better options. What is everyone running on thier M69?

VZs for me. Have them on two Model 69s, a 2.75" and an early 4.25".

Last edited by Zeke38; 10-26-2022 at 07:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by claymore504 View Post
    The Model 69 4.25" is my first real experience with S&W revolvers and so far I am really liking it. The grip is ok, but I think there could be better options. What is everyone running on thier M69?
    I’m going to be an outlier, but I have Hogue rubber Bantams on all three of my L frame round butts, including my 4.25” 69. They just work for me.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Grips on revolvers are so personal. Use what works for you! I have a couple drawers of grips and leather.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I’m going to be an outlier, but I have Hogue rubber Bantams on all three of my L frame round butts, including my 4.25” 69. They just work for me.
    Same on my 66 F Comp and my 2.75 Model 69. I do have Cocobolo Hogue Bantams which look really nice but the Rubber Bantams are more practical.
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

Site Supporter
    Finally got to the local indoor range to check sights and function of my Model 69. This target is only 20 rounds of HSM .44 Special 246gr. SWC at 10 and 15 yards. Shot POI/POA but it was very smokey in an indoor range. Pretty pleased with it so far. I need to get to the outdoor range and actually give it and me a work out.

Name:  Model 69 Target.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  42.0 KB

And yes I cleaned it before the photo... I'm OCD that way...

Quote Originally Posted by MDFA View Post
    Finally got to the local indoor range to check sights and function of my Model 69. This target is only 20 rounds of HSM .44 Special 246gr. SWC at 10 and 15 yards. Shot POI/POA but it was very smokey in an indoor range. Pretty pleased with it so far. I need to get to the outdoor range and actually give it and me a work out.

Name:  Model 69 Target.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  42.0 KB

And yes I cleaned it before the photo... I'm OCD that way...

Nice, the replacement screw from S&W came in yesterday and I loaded 100 rounds of various bullets and will be shooting later today.

User Tag List