Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Talk me out of a Smith & Wesson 2.75 Model 69

I just won the one I was bidding on... now I have to wait. I guess I'll go dig out my .44 mag brass and look up some loads.

Quote Originally Posted by DamonL View Post
    Try SDM for an S&W gold bead front sight.

http://www.sdmfabricating.com/Gold%20Bead.htm
    I’ve used SDM twice now for gold beads - one on my 4.25” 69 and the other on my 4” 620, both with Bowen Rough Country rears.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Dane View Post
    I just won the one I was bidding on... now I have to wait. I guess I'll go dig out my .44 mag brass and look up some loads.
    Congrats. I have mine, still waiting on the Plug and Speedloaders to arrive.
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

Quote Originally Posted by MDFA View Post
    Congrats. I have mine, still waiting on the Plug and Speedloaders to arrive.

I wish Safariland would make a Comp loader for these. Its either HKS or Speedbeez, the SB suck for round retention. The HKS will fit in the Safariland Split 6 carriers, model #371-2. I run 3 rounds behind the belt. This is where I get them Safariland Speedloaders & Accessories (pistoleer.com)

I wish Safariland would make a Comp loader for these. Its either HKS or Speedbeez, the SB suck for round retention. The HKS will fit in the Safariland Split 6 carriers, model #371-2. I run 3 rounds behind the belt. This is where I get them Safariland Speedloaders & Accessories (pistoleer.com)

Here's another option.

https://5starfirearms.com/j5-44-45-speed-loader/

This loader is CNC Machined to fit the following Models:

Taurus - Judge .45 LC ONLY
    Taurus - M450 & M44 Tracker
    Charter Arms - .44 Bulldog
    Smith & Wesson - .44 Night Guard
    Smith & Wesson - Model 69
    Rossi - R44102
    Ruger - GP100 44 Special

Quote Originally Posted by paul105 View Post
    Here's another option.

https://5starfirearms.com/j5-44-45-speed-loader/

This loader is CNC Machined to fit the following Models:

Taurus - Judge .45 LC ONLY
    Taurus - M450 & M44 Tracker
    Charter Arms - .44 Bulldog
    Smith & Wesson - .44 Night Guard
    Smith & Wesson - Model 69
    Rossi - R44102
    Ruger - GP100 44 Special

I have one. It doesn't work very well with my Rugers, operates backwards to the HKS and is 2 to 3 times the cost. I will try it on the M69. I use it to make ready but stick with the HKS for reloads.

Site Supporter
    I have the Safariland 371-2 Split Six Pouches. Waiting on the HKS Loaders. I wish they would make a Comp Loader as well. Hopefully the loaders and Plug will arrive tomorrow.
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

Site Supporter

Before and After

My Model 69 Before and After Photos. I removed the lock and installed an Original Precision Plug, cleaned and lubed the interior and installed a lighter rebound spring, which brought the Double Action down to 11 lbs and the single action to 4 lbs. It was off the scale on my Lyman Digital Gauge before that. And added Hogue Bantam Grips. HKS CA-44 Speedloaders work fine as do the Safariland 371-2 holders as Crazy Dane stated earlier in the thread. Hopefully I can get to the local indoor range today for a few rounds.

And you all are seriously lacking in your ability to talk someone out of buying a gun...

Name:  Model 69 Before.jpg
Views: 2038
Size:  66.0 KBName:  Model 69 After.jpg
Views: 591
Size:  101.0 KB

My Model 69 Before and After Photos. I removed the lock and installed an Original Precision Plug, cleaned and lubed the interior and installed a lighter rebound spring, which brought the Double Action down to 11 lbs and the single action to 4 lbs. It was off the scale on my Lyman Digital Gauge before that. And added Hogue Bantam Grips. HKS CA-44 Speedloaders work fine as do the Safariland 371-2 holders as Crazy Dane stated earlier in the thread. Hopefully I can get to the local indoor range today for a few rounds.

And you all are seriously lacking in your ability to talk someone out of buying a gun...

Name:  Model 69 Before.jpg
Views: 2038
Size:  66.0 KBName:  Model 69 After.jpg
Views: 591
Size:  101.0 KB
    Nice kit!

This place is a highly contagious disease. The main symptom is bleeding from the wallet.

I just ordered rebound springs, I didn't know I needed those until I read this post.

What's up with the screws on the bottom of the Split 6s? Mine aren't like that.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    That's not what we do here. You bought the gun, so we are playing to our strengths.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

User Tag List