7 5.83%
  • It's all been said before, all I do is surf the General Discussion area

1 0.83%
  • Mods here are shit

13 10.83%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How Do You Peruse PISTOL-FORUM

In a G string and silk robe, in a leather chair, smoking a cigar.

Wait - isn’t that what you were asking?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I use new posts, but if I feel like I need to contribute, I stop and read or rescan the thread from beginning to end.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    I use new posts, but if I feel like I need to contribute, I stop and read or rescan the thread from beginning to end.
    I need to do that more often - save me from deleting posts after I post a reply and then read through the thread.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

New/todays posts. Unless im doing a search on a specific topic.

Hammertime
    I use Today's posts since Tom Jones set it up kind of at my request. But for the life of me I can't remember what the difference is between New Posts and Today's posts. There is a difference. I think I was missing posts using the New Posts feature for some reason.

Okay I was able to find my email exchange with Tom Jones here is what he said:

"For each thread you read, the software keeps track of the timestamp for the last post on whatever page you've visited. When you click New Posts or What's New? (which do exactly the same thing) the software lists threads that have posts with newer timestamps.

It important to understand that New Posts and What's New? only show threads that have "unread" content (in quotes, because it doesn't know which posts you've actually read, and assumes you've read all the posts on a page when you view it). If you want a list of threads that includes the ones you've already read, you want to use the Today's Posts option on the Quick Links menu."
    So for me: I use "Today's Posts" because it is more inclusive and I don't miss threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    I use Today's posts since Tom Jones set it up kind of at my request. But for the life of me I can't remember what the difference is between New Posts and Today's posts. There is a difference. I think I was missing posts using the New Posts feature for some reason.

So for me: I use "Today's Posts" because it is more inclusive and I don't miss threads.
    I always assumed “Today’s Threads” was created for @blues as a memory aid in case he forgot what he saw. Elder assist…
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    I already knew I was uncivilized, but thanks to this thread, I now have confirmation 😃

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post

I believe that "New Posts" shows all the threads in which there is a post you have not yet read and "Today's Posts" shows all threads that contain posts made today, regardless of whether you have already read them.

When I'm finished reading "New Posts" I hit "Forum Actions --> Mark Forums Read"...
    Next time I hit the New Posts link, the list doesn't include posts I didn't want to read the previous time.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I always assumed “Today’s Threads” was created for @blues as a memory aid in case he forgot what he saw. Elder assist…
    Remind me to kick your ass if I ever forget...

There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    I too am a disciple of the "New Posts".

User Tag List