• It's all been said before, all I do is surf the General Discussion area

1 0.83%
  • Mods here are shit

13 10.83%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How Do You Peruse PISTOL-FORUM

How Do You Peruse PISTOL-FORUM

I was curious about how others looked at the forum.

I had gotten into the habit of looking only at areas and subjects that interested me. For instance, in the Software portion of the forum I almost never looked at unarmed combatives, competition skills and discussion or drills, tests and practice.

Then one day I was in a hurry and used the new posts feature. Since then, that;s pretty much been the way I do it since it allows me to see threads I normally wouldn't see, such as the Ben Stoeger USPSA saga.

If I prove to be smart enough to post a poll, I'd like to see how others navigate the forum.

Thanks.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

I use the new posts feature almost exclusively and only go into the forums themselves if I'm looking for something specific. So pretty much same as you.

There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan1980 View Post
    I use the new posts feature almost exclusively and only go into the forums themselves if I'm looking for something specific. So pretty much same as you.
    Yep.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

I use the Time Line section on Tapatalk but it's basically the same as New Posts.

"New posts" is civilization.
    From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Mostly "new posts" unless I'm trying to find a specific thing.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Site Supporter
    I do “Top to Bottom / Beginning To End”. I enjoy generally reading all the forums/threads, but I’ve discovered that threads morph quickly into the most interesting conversations. Members knowledge is impressive, and sometimes this shows as a thread’s discussions unfold. So I can’t trust the thread’s listed topic.

And the mods are shit here. Gotta vote for that.

New posts, and specific areas. If I like a thread and don't see it for a bit, or want to check a thread I go to that area and look for it.

Plus I use search.

Scroll through and see if I can help anyone like people helped me when I was learning. If it looks like I can, wait a bit and see if someone posts a better version of what I was going to post which happens 99/100 times or so.

Go to GD and fume/giggle/learn about bidets to break up the monotony of dryfire/drills. Seems to be more productive than eagerly following technical developments.

Once a month or so take a detailed look at the technical sections and backtrack innovators through their early adoptions and changes to see if there's anything worth adopting.

User Tag List