Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spesco Revolvers?

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    Please tell me that was you.

$505 for that gun is a pretty solid deal with those grips.
    No, unfortunately my adult side argued I really need to get a new exhaust on my car.

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    No, unfortunately my adult side argued I really need to get a new exhaust on my car.
    Being a responsible adult has been responsible for many a buzzkill. It ain't all it's cracked up to be.
    Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem
    I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude
    -Thomas Jefferson
    I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.

Quote Originally Posted by 358156hp View Post
    Being a responsible adult has been responsible for many a buzzkill. It ain't all it's cracked up to be.
    Name:  ACB3ABFD-F476-40B6-B002-6C31A0580619.gif
Views: 173
Size:  37.3 KB
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Site Supporter
    Not to mention Ahrends go for $200 easy on ebay now a days.
    Listed or sell for?

I think i have something like 4 pairs of Ahrends on various revolvers. They were running $40-$50 at the time.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    Listed or sell for?

I think i have something like 4 pairs of Ahrends on various revolvers. They were running $40-$50 at the time.

Chris
    Sell for. I watch every pair. Some go for $150 but a lot hit $200.

Site Supporter
    Damn. Crazy to think they were the budget (price, not value) option at one point.

One thing I wish I had taken more advantage of is their willingness to do semi-custom work with unusual woods they might have in stock (not enough for production). Years ago, I had them make me a set of k-frame grips with Osage Orange and no finish. I wasn't aware of, or they weren't making yet, the Retro Combat stocks, so I had them use their standard pattern. They were a bit sharp on the edges at the finger grooves and bottom, so I broke the edges with a bit of sandpaper, then refinished them with tung oil. They've aged nicely into a dark honey color and look really appropriate on my 32-20 M&P.

My 3 6" k-frames all have the retro targets in cocobolo (I think, might be rosewood, it's a dark reddish wood regardless).

Chris

Not to mention Ahrends go for $200 easy on ebay now a days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    Please tell me that was you.

$505 for that gun is a pretty solid deal with those grips.
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    Listed or sell for?

Chris

I'm on the hunt for a set of Ahrends for a round butt Model 10 (not exactly sure what specific model they are, but flush with the bottom of the frame).

Concur with 03RN on recent prices - there seems to be a bit of a run on them lately and it's almost certainly we p-f revolver nerds are partially to blame...

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/947795252

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/947794420

Quote Originally Posted by tango-papa View Post
    I'm on the hunt for a set of Ahrends for a round butt Model 10 (not exactly sure what specific model they are, but flush with the bottom of the frame).

Concur with 03RN on recent prices - there seems to be a bit of a run on them lately and it's almost certainly we p-f revolver nerds are partially to blame...

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/947795252

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/947794420
    The older the next generation gets, the wiser we get in their eyes. My oldest son finally broke down and admitted that the interactions he had with me that he called "lectures" was actually me giving him sequential answers to the next 3-4 parts of the situation he was in.

Case in point- Revolvers were considered by many to be obsolete a few years back. Those same people now consider themselves lucky to buy a revolver at what we see as a ridiculous price.
    Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem
    I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude
    -Thomas Jefferson
    I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.

User Tag List