Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spesco Revolvers?

Spesco Revolvers?

I was surfing Gunbroker looking for 32 cal revolvers and I ran across this auction.

Name:  pix815712754.jpg
Views: 521
Size:  55.8 KB

I have only purchased one Taurus revolver before and I was satisfied with it enough that I gave it to my dad for a home protection gun. Is Spesco a decent gun?

Never heard of the brand, but it has the look of a Spanish S&W knock-off.

In the ad:

This 6-shot revolver was made in Brazil by Taurus and imported by Spesco Corp, Atlanta, Ga.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quick Google says Spesco was an importer that brought stuff in from multiple sources. Taurus was one of their sources and might be a Taurus Falcon looking at listings like this:

https://www.gunsamerica.com/98577948...-Spesco-32.htm

I only have limited Taurus experience. Reputationally their QC has been all over the place depending on generation. If the price was low enough might be worth a flyer on a possible sleeper. With a starting bid of $599 don't think it's in that territory though. Think I'd rather look for a Regulation Police, Hand Ejector, or Police Positive.
    no one sees what's written on the spine of his own autobiography.

With patience you can find a solid example of a used S&W for around the same price. There is not a chance I would spend that kind of money on a Taurus. But then again, I am not a person with a lot of spare money. I tend to be of the philosophy that it is better to buy a higher quality gun in the first place than a cheap one and hope it is not a junker, that you have to sink money into later or sell and replace with the higher quality one you should have bought initially.

Lately I have seen some pretty decent deals for Model 14s and 15s that had a fair bit of finish wear on them on GB. They seem like a better alternative.

Knowing what I know now, I wish I would have picked up a half a dozen Ruger Security-6 revolvers of various barrel lengths back when they were dirt cheap. I always viewed them as ugly, never really seeing just what solid little guns they really are.

Here is a nice 4" Model 15 Combat Masterpiece for 499. ($100 less) and only 3 hours to go.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/939195749

That would be a far better deal.

Only one bidder so far too.

I had it on my watch list but I am just not able to do it right now.

Old Taurus (sharkfin front sight, striations in the cylinder flutes point to that, plus the barrel is marked Fortas Tauruas).

Starting bid $599. "Uhhh, no."

It amuses me that the price sticker visible in one pic is for $56.95. Sold by Woolworths. A different era from ours, alas.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    Here is a nice 4" Model 15 Combat Masterpiece for 499. ($100 less) and only 3 hours to go.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/939195749

That would be a far better deal.

Only one bidder so far too.

I had it on my watch list but I am just not able to do it right now.
    Not to mention Ahrends go for $200 easy on ebay now a days.

Boy I hope someone here gets that. I'm awfully tempted

Please tell me that was you.

$505 for that gun is a pretty solid deal with those grips.

User Tag List