Thread: Shadow Systems DR920P first impressions

Shadow Systems DR920P first impressions

I picked up a new DR920P compensated pistol, primarily for range training and fun. My primary training goal lately has been to work on speed (splits, draws, transitions), and this frankly looked like a pistol that would be enjoyable to train with. All of my other pistols trend towards reliability and defensive use.

I fired 450 rounds on my first range trip. The pistol came with the stock 17 lb. recoil spring installed, and my first 5 shots of Federal 115 gr. range ammo resulted in 5 stovepipes. I have decent grip strength and technique, and concluded that it would be better to swap out the stock spring with the other 15 lb. spring the pistol shipped with. After the spring swap, the pistol performed flawlessly with Federal 115, S&B 124, and Gold Dot 124 +P, which makes sense on a comped pistol. The recoil impulse was soft, as expected, and I found tracking the dot in the massive SRO window to be extremely easy. Overall, I think the 920P makes a great, reliable (after spring change) performance pistol for around $1000.

Name:  27F5059B-6439-4B88-99B7-5CBE16599103.jpg
Views: 1496
Size:  99.9 KB

I think if Shadow Systems made their slides compatible with the SCD they would sell even more pistols. IMHO, they pretty much nailed the grip angle and frame texturing.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    I think if Shadow Systems made their slides compatible with the SCD they would sell even more pistols. IMHO, they pretty much nailed the grip angle and frame texturing.
    Would it not be easier if the SCD was made available for the 920?
    @LangdonTactical

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Would it not be easier if the SCD was made available for the 920?
    @LangdonTactical

I don't know the reasoning of the bevel at the rear of the slide but my first thought is why defer from standard glock profile slide/slide plate in the first place?
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Quote Originally Posted by backtrail540 View Post
    I don't know the reasoning of the bevel at the rear of the slide but my first thought is why defer from standard glock profile slide/slide plate in the first place?
    So two reasons from what I remember when Shadow Systems made the change. One was to provide a bit of visual difference between the 920 and the Glock. Also it was based on feedback from some who carried the Glock and/or 918 in appendix. The angled slide is less "poking" when carried.

User Tag List