Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Minimalist Armorer Bench

Securing a lightweight bench to a wall or floor makes it much more useful. Use some steel brackets and large lag screws.

As a renter in the past I owned both of these, and was happy enough with both. I still actually have the wooden one, although I’m trying to find a new home for it. One nice thing about the metal one is that it came apart easily for moving. Mine came with, iirc, 3/4” particle board for the top and 1/2” for the bottom shelf. I moved the stock too to the bottom, and installed 3/4” plywood on the top.

48 in. Workbench with Light $90
    Name:  A1A04698-5EEE-4A72-8B01-5ADC53325D18.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  29.6 KB

60 in., Three Drawer Hardwood Workbench $180
    Name:  866D7D65-A0E1-4B14-86B9-755FFD6A1521.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  25.2 KB
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by littlejerry View Post
    Securing a lightweight bench to a wall or floor makes it much more useful. Use some steel brackets and large lag screws.
    That’s a great point I had forgotten about. That’s exactly what I did with the metal one I posted above, and it worked great for reloading.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    As a renter in the past I owned both of these, and was happy enough with both. I still actually have the wooden one, although I’m trying to find a new home for it. One nice thing about the metal one is that it came apart easily for moving. Mine came with, iirc, 3/4” particle board for the top and 1/2” for the bottom shelf. I moved the stock too to the bottom, and installed 3/4” plywood on the top.

48 in. Workbench with Light $90
    Name:  A1A04698-5EEE-4A72-8B01-5ADC53325D18.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  29.6 KB
    Did you mount a vise to the metal table?

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    Did you mount a vise to the metal table?
    I did. As mentioned I used 3/4in plywood, may have even been two layers, for the top. I drilled some holes and used carriage bolts and wing nuts to install the vice so I could remove it when I wanted to and have a clear top. And lagged it into the wall stud for stability.

I’ve never been a fan of the vices that just clamp on.

User Tag List