Thread: Padded Gloves for Shooting?

Padded Gloves for Shooting?

I am still recovering from tennis elbow. I am wondering if anyone uses padded gloves to shoot with, and are padded gloves legal in competition?

I have a pair of padded handball gloves. I will try them today, though they are a bit big for shooting.

Randy

Site Supporter
    edge of lane

If you stated what type of competition you were contemplating-I am sure folks in the real know would chime in.

1. I have seen all manner of gloves used in USPSA and IDPA matches with no one ever saying a thing. It has been a while since I have competed so I will defer if that has changed.

2. In broad strokes, re running the gun- thinner is better. Golf gloves and "flight gloves" (genuine, homage or improved versions) were what I saw the most re pistol shooting. Flight gloves and Mechanix brand gloves re carbines.

3. I know a number of shooters who use various bands/wraps around various parts of their forearm/elbow etc. with some success in lieu of gloves.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Well, I certainly shot better with the padded gloves.
    Randy

Site Supporter
    I bought a pair of fingers exposed shooting gloves with some padding from Cabelas. Don't use them much. So far my hands have held up with standard WWB type practice loads in 9mm and 45 ACP. About 70 rounds of the latter a couple of days ago and don't feel anything pain in the hands or wrists. A full match sometimes generates hand pain.

I used to get tennis elbow. Over maybe 10 yrs I got shots in both elbows and one side got 2. Next time I had a flareup I made an appointment expecting to get a shot. Doc said uh, we are not doing much of those any more. Here are some exercises for you.
    Tenis elbow exercises by craig stuard, on Flickr
    I did the exercises while sitting at my PC. I was skeptical but 2 months of the exercises 5-6 years ago and I have not had any reoccurrence.

User Tag List