Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Old Finnish civil guard drill. Valid even today.

Some here in the States think a "cold" run is definitive, as in what one can do on demand. This was what I did, just to see what would happen. You shot that old Luger very well.
    If you come across any other evaluations from Finland/Europe I hope you will post them- it's all interesting.

I shot this drill yesterday with Beretta 92. About 8" group but...I might missed one shot or hit 2shots in one hole. One bullet hole is so ragged so that is real possibility. I have to try this again for sure.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JakeL View Post
    I totally forgot to shoot this drill with modern pistol. Maybe I try this cold as well.
    You're in Finland and it's January. Just shoot it outside and that's a guaranteed cold drill!

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    You're in Finland and it's January. Just shoot it outside and that's a guaranteed cold drill!
    Beat me to it!
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Saturday I try again at outdoor range. So true cold drill😀

Site Supporter
    This looks like an ideal drill for the GI 1911 .45.

More runs

I was vexed when I tried this a second time earlier in the week, with 7/8 hits on silhouette(one off!?!). So, with a new Performance Trigger in a G45, first run today was 8/8, 5 centered. 2nd run all hits too. So my fur hat is off to @JakeL!
    And yep, this would be a neat drill with a "stock" 1911...

I have a stock GI 1911 and I might try this. The sights will probably give me fits however. I've never shot it before as my other 1911, the one I shoot, has target sights.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Tomorrow I'll try this with Parabellum(Luger) and Beretta 92. 1911 would be good for this drill specially with those small and hard to see original sights. Hope my shooting buddies try this too.
    8/8 hits is good result with any carry gun I think.

Todays shooting not so good. With Beretta 8/8 hits but only 6 good centered hits and 2 just barely on target. With Luger I had many stoppages and maybe 5 hits. It sure didn't like cold weather. To the next time.

User Tag List