Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Old Finnish civil guard drill. Valid even today.

Old Finnish civil guard drill. Valid even today.

I recently shot old Finnish civil guard shooting drill with 7,65 Parabellum or Luger pistol. Drill is shot at 25 meters in 20 seconds. 8 rounds and pass is 7 hits in syöksyjä or attacker figure target. Strong hand shooting only. I used IPSC/USPSA torso target because old targets are not available anymore. I plan to shoot this drill with modern pistol too and see if there is any difference in performance. Should be easier tho but you never know.

Old is good, too...

Love these old drills.
    Low round count like this, might have to give it a shot-pun intended.
    Thanks for going to the effort and posting

Any idea what the original target was?
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Any idea what the original target was?
    Prolly looked like a Russian...

Target was quite large silhouette style target. 25" wide and 60" tall. For some reason I can't add photo to this thread. You can search" finnish army target gunboards" and find picture of target.

Quote Originally Posted by paherne View Post
    Prolly looked like a Russian...

Quote Originally Posted by JakeL View Post
    Target was quite large silhouette style target. 25" wide and 60" tall. For some reason I can't add photo to this thread. You can search" finnish army target gunboards" and find picture of target.
    Name:  94752 - Copy.jpg
Views: 748
Size:  21.5 KB

Is this it?

Yes. Same target was also used in some 300 meter and longer rifle ahooting drills. And machine gun and light machine gun drills.

Quote Originally Posted by JakeL View Post
    Yes. Same target was also used in some 300 meter and longer rifle ahooting drills. And machine gun and light machine gun drills.
    Resurrection of this qual...
    I was fortunate enough to get a few minutes on our indoor range. I used a large silhouette and a duty G45 with a Holosun EPS I'd just recently mounted.
    @JakeL - nice shooting! I shot my string cold and way too fast(see how excuses pile up?), but got 7/8 on target. Shanked one left(I'm right handed) so some work to be done!
    Thanks for posting this

I totally forgot to shoot this drill with modern pistol. Maybe I try this cold as well.

User Tag List