Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Reliable JHP for old Series 70 1911?

I always heard that Golden Sabers were good for feeding 1911 and would be my choice if hst's proved unreliable or you didn't have at least 2 mags to blow through checking since they can hang up on some from what I have read and heard.
    Do not use the Train and Protect I sent it to Gun Sam to test and did not expand.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhgFmG_0Mfs

185 or 230 golden sabers bonded now available, or maybe 185 plus P underwood Nosler if you like how it performed in Gun Sam's MDF testing...his MDF testing takes clear gel very very similar to 4 layer real gel results comparing all his hst gold dot and critical duty since he started that protocol . the 230+p nosler underwood didn't expand even from long glock barrel very strange.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    HST has a very ball-type profile with a rounded ogive and not really any sharp edges at the hollowpoint cavity.
    This. Get the standard pressure version, as the +P, while monster good, is too hard on those old Colts.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Quote Originally Posted by 314159 View Post
    Thanks for the fast replies everyone. I'll be able to just get three brands to try now. One issue is that the pistol is at my sister's house out of state. So, no quick report back until a visit in December probably.
    Don't forget to report back if you have tried any JHP ammo in that 1911. Curious to see what worked, or not. Thanks!!

Ammo test delayed... It's nice to know people are interested.

Broken leg just too awkward for road trip home this year. Not even a good story involved. I tell people I was bucked off while steeple chasing with King Charles.

Anyway, probably a February test.
    My apologies to weasels.

User Tag List