Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: P30 - stoppage, 147 HST, maintenance etc

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Yup, exactly that. To me that doesn't seem like it would cause enough fouling to create problems with an in-spec gun unless your cleanings had never touched the extractor or chamber. If these parts had been cleaned, and there was as much fouling as you noted in a prior post within firing only 1000 rounds, then I'd look at something being wrong with the ammo. 1000 rounds of good ammo isn't enough to cause significant fouling, IME.

Maybe a fluke? It shouldn't need a new extractor spring yet, and 1 stoppage in 11,000 rounds doesn't seem indicative of a defective spring either.

God, HKs are so horrible. Other gun owners have real problems. Here we are trying to figure out why it had one stoppage in 11,000 rounds. **gets a shiver**
    Everybody needs something to bitch about...I want to take H&K down from the pedestal of infallibility...I am a Deutche-phobe...pick one

I agree that the chamber fouling shouldn't have been an issue; even though I didn't put a ton effort of keeping the gun super-clean, what I did still beats the hell out of Todd's routine of cleaning his every 9 thousand or so rounds..
    Faulty ammo could've been been a factor, but then again it was the freaking HST for 25 bucks a box, although of course nothing is immune from lapses of QC. Ironically, 2000 rounds of Aguila has caused me no grief so far...

I appreciate everybody's input. I think we should return to this post in 11K rounds.
    Last edited by YVK; 09-23-2012 at 09:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Everybody needs something to bitch about...I want to take H&K down from the pedestal of infallibility...I am a Deutche-phobe...pick one :

I agree that the chamber fouling shouldn't have been an issue; even though I didn't put a ton effort of keeping the gun super-clean, what I did still beats the hell out of Todd's routine of cleaning his every 9 thousand or so rounds..
    Faulty ammo could've been been a factor, but then again it was the freaking HST for 25 bucks a box, although of course nothing is immune from lapses of QC. Ironically, 2000 rounds of Aguila has caused me no grief so far...

I appreciate everybody's input. I think we should return to this post in 11K rounds.
    I certainly appreciate your posts in this thread. At the end of the day, a firearm is just a mechanical item, designed, manufactured and used by human beings. All of them will eventually experience problems / maintenance issues if used alot (as they should be).

I get more annoyed with the people who buy a gun, fire 27 rounds thru it, and blather on the interwebz about it being "flawless", etc.

User Tag List