Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Q suppressors

Quote Originally Posted by CDH View Post
    Not really drawn to Q rather more like pushed towards Q.

TBAC Ultra7 is the suppressor I want, however, it isn't readily available from the silencer shop. Being somewhat impatient I was looking for a viable substitute.

To answer an earlier question: this is a swamp run-and-gun pig gun. Suppressor needs to be lightweight, fairly short and be hearing safe with supersonic 300blk. It currently wears a 10" 13.5oz form 1 can. I would like the replacement to improve at least 2 of the 3 categories.

Thanks again.

Chris
    Do you live in a state that Capitol Armory can deliver to? I've purchased all 3 of my TBAC's from them. They run out of stock often, but seem to get them in quicker than SS (I'm on notification lists at both places).

My reasoning behind using SS is the “potentially” shorter wait time on approval. I may be incorrectly thinking that filing via their kiosk setup lends itself to quicker approval.

My reasoning behind using SS is the “potentially” shorter wait time on approval. I may be incorrectly thinking that filing via their kiosk setup lends itself to quicker approval.
    Trust me, it isn't faster.

Cap Armory is much faster than SS from purchase time to submission of Form 4. SS is faster from Form 4 approval to item in your hand than CA. Both waiting times pale in comparison to the wait from the ATF.

Not really drawn to Q rather more like pushed towards Q.

TBAC Ultra7 is the suppressor I want, however, it isn't readily available from the silencer shop. Being somewhat impatient I was looking for a viable substitute.

To answer an earlier question: this is a swamp run-and-gun pig gun. Suppressor needs to be lightweight, fairly short and be hearing safe with supersonic 300blk. It currently wears a 10" 13.5oz form 1 can. I would like the replacement to improve at least 2 of the 3 categories.

Thanks again.

Chris
    Chris.

The Dead Air Nomad or Nomad TI would fit the bill. The Wolfman also performs very very well with subsonic 300 blk.

Nomad-Ti had been considered but was dismissed because, if i remember correctly, it was lacking a little in suppression. I'll give it another look.

Chris

Site Supporter
    I wouldn't expect any can to be "hearing safe" with supersonic rifle cartridges (especially from a gas gun). A couple shots in an open field, maybe, but shooting multiple rounds from a stand or blind is going to be loud. Multiple shots in the 130-140 db range are not good for your ears.

Length and weight tend to be a tradeoff for sound suppression and durability, there really isn't any way around that. I tend to prefer shorter/lighter cans and just throwing in Etymotic plugs before shooting.

Do you have a particular mounting system that you want to use? It's tough to beat direct thread if you are trying to minimize weight, but not having anything to protect the treads if/when you need to take the can off is a pain. The 1.375x24 cans are at least a bit future proof, although, I strongly prefer using some type of mounting system that is left hand thread if using a can with a detachable mounting system (I've had good luck with both the Dead Air Xeno and the Area 419 mounts).

Use scenario is jumping out of vehicle and shooting and or running/chasing and shooting. Two to three people is our typical group. Currently running a form 1 can direct thread. This works very well. I’m only looking for another can because of all the hoopla surrounding the fuel filter/solvent trap stuff is prohibitive of building another. I just don’t feel like getting harassed. Let me say, I’m very satisfied with my current can and have become completely spoiled shooting suppressed. I like having duplicates of things and this is why I’m searching for something at least as good but preferably better since it’ll cost me > $1000. As far as mounting goes direct thread is what I’m familiar with. Supressor will not be swapped around between different guns. This will be dedicated suppressor on a dedicated gun that serves one role. Sorry for the rambling but thanks for all of the help.

Chris.

User Tag List