Thread: P365 Safety

P365 Safety

Does anyone know of a larger ambi safety for the P365X? Gun feels great but the safety is too small IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by 23JAZ View Post
    Does anyone know of a larger ambi safety for the P365X? Gun feels great but the safety is too small IMO.
    That is a common lament. Unfortunately there doesn't appear to be an after-market solution at this time.
    Some have had success silver soldering an extension on the existing safety.

I have hope the new XMacro will spawn a MS version with a larger safety lever.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I have hope the new XMacro will spawn a MS version with a larger safety lever.
    That would make the Macro an extremely appealing gun for me.

I couldn't find one, so i made one. I have access to an EDM so i made a shelf and silver soldered it on the existing strong side safety lever. Still need to finish it but it should work .
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Try JB Weld. I once ground the safety wing on my PX4compact too thin. Added some JB, file, sandpaper, and black paint fixed it. Sand the surface of the existing lever w/ 120 or so grit to take off the finish and rough up the surface. JB is fairly thin consistency so you want to build a little dam w/ masking tape so you can build some thickness.

Quote Originally Posted by Hstanton1 View Post
    That would make the Macro an extremely appealing gun for me.
    The safety that comes with the S&W M&P 22 compact would be about the perfect size for the 365!

Site Supporter
    I just don’t get why companies do not make quality safeties. The safety is already there, make it excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    I just don’t get why companies do not make quality safeties. The safety is already there, make it excellent.
    In the case of the original P365, I think the size of the safety is appropriate. The XL pushes that, and the Macro really needs a larger lever.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List