Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 48 vs Sig 365xl, opinions

Have Both….Sort of…….

I’ve had the G48 for a couple of years and was drawn to it because I’m a long fan of the G19. My hands are on the small side, and I liked the narrower grip on the G48.

Picked up the 365XMacro a couple of weeks ago…have about 600 trouble free rounds through it.

They both have Holosun 407c’s….

I recommend the Sig, since out of the box it’s everything you need and nothing you don’t….

My 48 is a great, soft, flat shooting gun….BUT at the cost of an Angency Arms trigger kit, extended mag release, Ameriglo night sights, tungsten guide rod and Talon grips.

Even allowing for the fact that the SIG is more expensive, by the time I finished “pimping up” the Glock, I’d have been ahead of the game -IMHO- going the 365XL route.

YMMV

Name:  D800129B-8279-4E06-8F41-B3519CDE34E9.jpg
Views: 896
Size:  75.4 KB
    Gun Free Zones Aren’t an Inhibition….they’re an Invitation.

I have settled on this as my current *carry* pistol. If I would ever want or need more concealment, a smaller/ shorter Wilson grip frame is a simple 5 minute swap away. If I need something more, I have my Shadow Systems comped MR920.

Nice looking macro, love the XL slide on it too. Goin to look at one Friday actually but the almost 800 price tag is killing me.

I’’m not all that happy with the comp cuts and 3.1” barrel….probably a matter of time until I replace them with regular XL slide and 3.7” barrel.

Also, that thing gets HOT….FAST!!

George

XL

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle1* View Post
    Nice looking macro, love the XL slide on it too. Goin to look at one Friday actually but the almost 800 price tag is killing me.
    Grabagun in Coppell TX has the non-macro 365 XL for $599.00……they’re good folks.

I do like the longer grip of the Macro, but it’s probably just a matter of time before someone brings out Macro size grip module….

IF I got a “do over”….a Mulligan…..that’s what I’d do. But it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle1* View Post
    Reach out to Proven Outfitters. They have LE pricing or maybe look for a place near you that offers LE pricing and see if it is on the IOP list. Additionally now that I am thinking about it I'd be willing to bet you could buy and XL slide barrel and recoil spring from Proven Outfitters at a discounted price then sell your comped slide assembly and reduce the cost a bit.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    Reach out to Proven Outfitters. They have LE pricing or maybe look for a place near you that offers LE pricing and see if it is on the IOP list. Additionally now that I am thinking about it I'd be willing to bet you could buy and XL slide barrel and recoil spring from Proven Outfitters at a discounted price then sell your comped slide assembly and reduce the cost a bit.
    They didn't have the Macro listed a week or so ago when I checked.

I think the biggest difference is that one gun can hold 12+1 or 15+1 (or now 17+1) versus 10+1. I found the g48 to be pretty snappy and was not a huge fan of it in general because I felt like a g26 or g19 were better options (before I went p365). Now that I own a p365, it is even more concealable, at least equally shootable (if not better), and holds more rounds with less footprint.

I know I know…shield arms mags. Not a fan of most aftermarket magazines and would not want to trust my life to them. YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by walker2713 View Post
    I’ve had the G48 for a couple of years and was drawn to it because I’m a long fan of the G19. My hands are on the small side, and I liked the narrower grip on the G48.

Picked up the 365XMacro a couple of weeks ago…have about 600 trouble free rounds through it.

They both have Holosun 407c’s….

I recommend the Sig, since out of the box it’s everything you need and nothing you don’t….

My 48 is a great, soft, flat shooting gun….BUT at the cost of an Angency Arms trigger kit, extended mag release, Ameriglo night sights, tungsten guide rod and Talon grips.

Even allowing for the fact that the SIG is more expensive, by the time I finished “pimping up” the Glock, I’d have been ahead of the game -IMHO- going the 365XL route.

YMMV

Name:  D800129B-8279-4E06-8F41-B3519CDE34E9.jpg
Views: 896
Size:  75.4 KB
    Do you find the macro prints a lot worse then the G48?
    It is quite a bit taller.

Quote Originally Posted by diananike View Post
    Do you find the macro prints a lot worse then the G48?
    It is quite a bit taller.
    “Worse” meaning less accurate? No….there are a lot of similarities between the two guns and I haven’t found one to be inherently more accurate than the other. I’ve been shooting the G48 much longer but I expect it will even out over time.

As I mentioned earlier……for me the negatives for the Macro is the comp, the short barrel and the price….and the ease with which it gets HOT quickly….I’ve not experienced that before, and can do without it.

17 rounds in the mag and one in the chamber is very cool…..but I’ve always felt adequately arms with the 15 round mag of the G19.

User Tag List