Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 48 vs Sig 365xl, opinions

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle1* View Post
    I am also aware that most of my question is subjective to the shooter so I know it is hard to elaborate on the above issues I wanted info on.
    Are you allowed to modify any of these guns or are you talking bone stock to bone stock?

My personal opinion having shot a lot is that G48 and P365XL are within noise of each other and it’s not a significant difference to lose any sleep over. Especially if you are okay with aftermarket Glock triggers like the Overwatch Poly DAT, they’re really close performance wise.

Stock to stock, I’d give a slight nudge to the P365XL due to trigger.

Personally, I like the factory optic ready slide on the Sig and the modularity of the FCU with regard to grips and slides.

You really can’t go wrong with either.

being a off duty carry gun, they would need to be stock except for sights which is one reason for the question. As far as triggers go, I am so used to the glock but think the sig trigger is better.

being a off duty carry gun, they would need to be stock except for sights which is one reason for the question. As far as triggers go, I am so used to the glock but think the sig trigger is better.
    If I were LEO with a Glock duty gun and knowing what I know, I would pick a G48 and be very happy with that choice.

It’s not going to hold you back.

I have both. I've only put about 1K through each to date since they were recent acquisitions.

Stock to stock, I don't find significant performance differences between the two on the timer, but both for me are ~80% of a compact.

Subjectively:

G48:
    - Shoots softer
    - Shoots flatter
    - Slightly easier to shoot fast
    - Harder to shoot well without consistent practice, the narrow grip likes to twist in my hand due to trigger reach problems
    - Less accurate
    - My non-stock trigger is a lot better

P365XL:
    - More torque-y, sharper recoil
    - Harder to shoot fast
    - Trigger is heavy and has a lot of creep
    - Extremely accurate, almost as good as some great full-size guns
    - FCU is harder to work on
    - Modularity is nice

Someone said they're within noise of one another performance wise and I agree, unless you're asking me to make 50 yard shots, where I'd give the edge to the 365XL. I prefer the 48 overall and that is what I'm carrying, but it's harder to shoot well without regular practice to my typical standards.

I owned both, don't own either any longer. I didnt perceive much difference in concealment factor, not a ton of difference in accuracy, but I did think 48 was easier to shoot at speed. I attributed that to a larger grip surface area that worked better for my hands. I regret that Glock doesn't have size+capacity equivalent of a regular p365.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Looking for real world opinions from guys that have both tegarding shootability on both. Recoil, accuracy, speed of shooting of both etc. Not size comparisons or mag capacity differences as i know those. Im partial to glocks as that is what is issued to me and what i have been using over 30 years. I have a 43x and like it and am used to the glock trigger system and wonder if the 365xl is worth learning too. I love the simplicity of the glock system and know it as I'm an armorer for my dept. I have carried a glock 19 for over 20 years which is why i have gravitated towards the lighter 43x but the 48 mos looks like a great addition compared to the 365xl. Not really interested in the 365x macro due to the compensated slide.

Byw, i asked on this forum cause if i ask on the other forums that are partial to each respected gun, I'll get biased answers. Thanks fir the help.
    I have/carry the Glock 48. I bought it SPECIFICALLY to have a 10-round pistol for travel. The 48 was as close as I could get to a G19 in handling characteristics. I do experience a slight fall-off in performance with the 48 compared to a 19, but perhaps I could mitigate that with more dedicated 48 time.

The standard 365 frames don't give me enough room to make frame contact with my support hand. I end up gripping my strong hand instead of the pistol. I have not yet handled one of the Macros.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    I do experience a slight fall-off in performance with the 48 compared to a 19, but perhaps I could mitigate that with more dedicated 48 time.
    I know JLW won’t see this, but I’ll post for the general knowledge base:

If more dedicated G48 time to improve… it’ll also likely improve the G19 skills and the delta gap will still remain.

With two very similar guns, the slower slide speed and increased mass and width will make the G19 performance over a G48 a real thing unless there’s a psychological or gross technique flaw with the G19

When people are comparing different types of guns, trigger reach, reset and other ergos can narrow gap with “train up” time.

But not really in the G48/19 case.

But why do people sometimes shoot 19s better than 17s? Usually a backstrap hump difference.

I’m sure there are anecdotal cases, but for the most part you’d be hard pressed to find someone who shoots a G17 better than a 34 comparing two grips that are identical but one slide that is slower and softer.

I'm a Glock fiend, but my primary carry gun is still a P365X. Sig must have performed some black magic rituals in the engineering department to create such a wonderful little pistol in spite of being Sig.

The G48 in particular is too close to the G19 in dimensions for me with no positives except the 1/4" shaved off the thickness. YMMV

I have small hands and the G48 fits them well.
    The MOS version I have is quite a capable gun with a Holosun and a TLR on it.
    Definitely way less bulky then a G19. It prints a bit less due to the smaller grip but the length is the same so it is a bit hard to stop the back corner from poking into your shirt.
    It is just as accurate as a 19 in my hands but my split times suffer. An example is double taps from 12yds are about .25 split with my G19 and about .29 with the G48. A tight grip is just harder on the smaller grip and it’s recoil is more pronounced. Also the dot window on a Holosun K model is smaller then the C models so it’s harder to track the dot.
    Mine did almost 1500 rds without cleaning before it had a FTE
    It’s also fun to swap frames and slides between my G48 original, G43 and the G48 MOS. I think you wind up with 9 different combos. A couple of different G43x and long slide G43L are all combos you can make out of the bucket of parts.
    All this is without trying a 365 series like an XL. They are hard to get in Canada due to barrel length restrictions.
    The G48 is legal out of the box due to its 4.16” barrel length.

Thanks for all of the replies guys. I have small hands so the 365XL is not an issue for me to grip etc. I am going to shoot a 43x & 365XL tomorrow or Friday and see how they feel since after checking it seems the 43x is much closer in size than the 48.

User Tag List