Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 48 vs Sig 365xl, opinions

Glock 48 vs Sig 365xl, opinions

Looking for real world opinions from guys that have both tegarding shootability on both. Recoil, accuracy, speed of shooting of both etc. Not size comparisons or mag capacity differences as i know those. Im partial to glocks as that is what is issued to me and what i have been using over 30 years. I have a 43x and like it and am used to the glock trigger system and wonder if the 365xl is worth learning too. I love the simplicity of the glock system and know it as I'm an armorer for my dept. I have carried a glock 19 for over 20 years which is why i have gravitated towards the lighter 43x but the 48 mos looks like a great addition compared to the 365xl. Not really interested in the 365x macro due to the compensated slide.

Byw, i asked on this forum cause if i ask on the other forums that are partial to each respected gun, I'll get biased answers. Thanks fir the help.
    Last edited by Eagle1*; 09-20-2022 at 12:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle1* View Post
    Looking for real world opinions from guys that have both tegarding shootability on both. Recoil, accuracy, speed of shooting of both etc. Not size comparisons or mag capacity differences as i know those. Im partial to glocks as that is what is issued to me and what i have been using over 30 years. I have a 43x and like it and am used to the glock trigger system and wonder if the 365xl is worth learning too. I love the simplicity of the glock system and know it as I'm an armorer for my dept. I have carried a glock 19 for over 20 years which is why i have gravitated towards the lighter 43x but the 48 mos looks like a great addition compared to the 365xl. Not really interested in the 365x macro due to the compensated slide.

Byw, i asked on this forum cause if i ask on the other forums that are partial to each respected gun, I'll get biased answers. Thanks fir the help.

For what it is worth I am a 20+ year glock 19 guy. I have swapped to the p365 macro grip with an xl slide. I like the p365xl much more than the g48 or g43x. My wife has carried a p365xl for at least 3+ years and loves it.

That said I like the G19 a lot more before the macro grip was announced and resisted my wife wanting me to swap over to the p365 series. But with the macro grip the p365 series is close enough that now I edc the p365xl/macro daily. Wife wanted mag interchangeability

The G19 is slightly easier to shoot but the macro wit xl slide doesn't lost much imo.my splits are slower but my distance accuracy and first shot out-of holster are faster and more accurate

I'll take a stab at it. I have over 10K through a few G48's which I no longer own and north of that with XL's and 365's. The G48's can be shot very well, close in performance to a G19 though not quite. Personally when I walked away from shooting Glocks they took a little longer to get back to shooting well. I have personally found the triggers on the 365's to be a little more forgiving if I walk away from them for a time. The XL's can also be shot very well. Again probably in the high 85+ to 90% range of what you can do with a 19. Splits are obviously slower here.

Additionally a higher level of skill will translate to higher or lower levels when comparing shoot-ability. Recoil is slightly less on the XL vs the G48, same in the 365X department vs the 43X. I find the Sigs in general to be more comfortable to shoot. I also find the Sigs to be more accurate. Not to get in to a feature comparison but no plates are needed for the P365 series. With you having such a familiarity with the Glock system and time on them, being a certified armorer it sounds like you might already have your mind made up and are just looking for confirmation. I would think about this with honesty.

Personally for me it comes down to reliability, my ability to shoot them well and logistics. If the G48 will do that for you I see no reason to get another platform unless you're just wanting something different. Recoil and ability to shoot the gun is going to vary some from person to person as previously stated and I think you need to shoot both a little and see what you like about the two of them. I want to mention attachments really quickly if you need or want a light on the front the Sig's seem to have a better track record. While I have never had an issue with the G48's or Sigs there are folks on here like @HCM and others who are better in the know or have first hand knowledge on attaching lights and lasers to the slim line Glocks and their potential for problematic function.

Some others here also struggled with 147gr loads on the slim line Glocks as well though I don't immediately recall issues with that either. FWIW both the Sigs and slim line Glocks really liked standard pressure 124gr Gold Dot and HST and those produced some of the best accuracy and comfort when shooting. 115gr Barnes XPB or Tac-XP 115gr +P, Black Hills as well was also excellent and comfortable as well.

Best of luck to you.

Quote Originally Posted by G19Fan View Post
    For what it is worth I am a 20+ year glock 19 guy. I have swapped to the p365 macro grip with an xl slide. I like the p365xl much more than the g48 or g43x. My wife has carried a p365xl for at least 3+ years and loves it.

That said I like the G19 a lot more before the macro grip was announced and resisted my wife wanting me to swap over to the p365 series. But with the macro grip the p365 series is close enough that now I edc the p365xl/macro daily. Wife wanted mag interchangeability

The G19 is slightly easier to shoot but the macro wit xl slide doesn't lost much imo.my splits are slower but my distance accuracy and first shot out-of holster are faster and more accurate

Thanks for the info, you have a pic of that combo? Would like to see it, especially a side/side comparison between that and the 19 if you ever get the time. Thanks for the input..

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post

Personally for me it comes down to reliability, my ability to shoot them well and logistics. If the G48 will do that for you I see no reason to get another platform unless you're just wanting something different. Recoil and ability to shoot the gun is going to vary some from person to person as previously stated and I think you need to shoot both a little and see what you like about the two of them. I want to mention attachments really quickly if you need or want a light on the front the Sig's seem to have a better track record. While I have never had an issue with the G48's or Sigs there are folks on here like @HCM and others who are better in the know or have first hand knowledge on attaching lights and lasers to the slim line Glocks and their potential for problematic function.
    Thanks for the info, I have shot the XL and the standard 365 but obviously not side/side with the 43x/48 so this is the reason for the post. I am also aware that most of my question is subjective to the shooter so I know it is hard to elaborate on the above issues I wanted info on. I am partial to the glock platform because i know it works and I know the trigger but am open to something else if it has a flatter recoil and quicker to follow up on addition shots compared to the smaller Glock platform. I do know the XL is flatter shooting than the standard 365 as I tested that from another guys guns one day at the range.

The macro isnt a bad choice it just seems to be as big as a 19 but I could be wrong as I have been before...

Thanks for the info, you have a pic of that combo? Would like to see it, especially a side/side comparison between that and the 19 if you ever get the time. Thanks for the input..
    Here you go

https://imgur.com/a/5ixJp1k

I’d love a 365 XL. With an SCD or something akin to it. So I pack a G48.
    #RESIST

Thanks for the info, I have shot the XL and the standard 365 but obviously not side/side with the 43x/48 so this is the reason for the post. I am also aware that most of my question is subjective to the shooter so I know it is hard to elaborate on the above issues I wanted info on. I am partial to the glock platform because i know it works and I know the trigger but am open to something else if it has a flatter recoil and quicker to follow up on addition shots compared to the smaller Glock platform. I do know the XL is flatter shooting than the standard 365 as I tested that from another guys guns one day at the range.

The macro isnt a bad choice it just seems to be as big as a 19 but I could be wrong as I have been before...
    I can understand the hesitation. I hope I didn't come off the wrong way with talking about subjectivity. Glock is a pretty safe known. I still like them and think they are great guns. If I am being honest I don't know if there is enough of a performance increase or decrease one way of the other between the two guns you're looking at. For me between the two models I would likely pick the one that I was the most comfortable with/shot best or had the highest capacity all other things being approximately equal. The Macro looks like a nice option actually, especially with the XL slide. There is some modularity you'll get with the Sig at a price point that is unachievable with the Glock. Especially if you went with the XL and picked up a Macro grip module and mags later. Not to get into the feature comparison but I think it should at least be brought up.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I’d love a 365 XL. With an SCD or something akin to it. So I pack a G48.
    I did like having the SCD and miss it. Wish I could have it and the safety.

Thanks for the info so far guys. I did shoot the XL really well the day i shot it, actually better than the standard 365.

I've owned every variant of the 365 except and X and a SAS, have also owned the G43, G43X, and G48. I currently have none of them, because I found the Shield Plus to be a much better (more accurate), "softer" shooting pistol (granting it's capacity challenged compared to the 365s of similar size). If the Shield Plus didn't exist, I would have a 365 variant, hands down. I like precisely nothing about any of the slimline Glocks, find them much "snappier" in recoil without saving much if any weight, with the heaviest, hardest to manipulate trigger. About the only pistol I've owned in that category that I liked LESS than the G43/x/48 was the Hellcat, which was a total steaming POS.

User Tag List