Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Glock 48 vs Sig 365xl, opinions

I am not a 320 fan, and prefer Glocks as service pistols. However, the 365 family seems the far better mousetrap when it comes to slimline pistols. Very optics ready, complete modularity, higher capacity, full range of OEM magazine sizes, significant after market support including grip modules, with no questions about reliability with a dot installed.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    To the 365 or overall?
    For me, overall. I was an early adopter of 320s, and shot them for a couple years in USPSA. I sold them all after the drop safety issue. Drop safety concerns aside, the 320 design has some serious deficiencies, and I'll never own another one.

I recommended the 365 to a good friend, and he's very happy with it. I think the 365 is actually a well-designed gun. I could probably get past my irritation with Sig and be happy with one too.

Doublestack Glocks are reliable, simple, and a universal standard. They fit my hands, and I can shoot them really well. I don't love the Glock 43 or 48, but a G19 or 26 conceals so easily I don't need either.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Glock 43 or 48, but a G19 or 26 conceals so easily I don't need either.

That was probably the main reason I let go of my 43; for my wardrobe plus the appropriate Tenicor holster, there was absolutely no concealment difference between the 43 and 19. I could also draw the 19 faster and definitely shoot it to a higher, more consistent standard.

Now that WA is a 10rd state I’m looking at the 26 hard.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Look what showed up in the mail, a Mayhem loan from YVK. If a thunderstorm wasn't blowing through, I would head back to the range this evening. Looking forward to tomorrow!

Name:  8AB95ACB-026B-426B-B70A-7C7398C6EEA7.jpg
Views: 519
Size:  69.6 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Have had both. The g48 mos beats the 365xl in my hands. More consistent accuracy and easier to get hits where I want. I also prefer the break of the trigger more. Not saying necessarily feel but the actual distance the trigger breaks at.

The Sig may have felt better with the Wilson module. But in the end the performance of the Glock beat it. Not the first time I’ve realized what feels good does not equate to what shoots the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    My bad if I missed it but why go to G26 from the 365 and 320 family system?
    365 are great guns and i am keeping two xls. I am not a fan of 320s in general. glock is easier to work on then either and much cheaper aftermarket. just recommended the g26 as i think it is a better gun then the slim line glocks. 365 is a better gun then them also

Quote Originally Posted by G19Fan View Post
    G48 and G43x both can be less reliable with a dot.

I have had g48 and g43x that started jamming on jhp with a dot..worked fine with no dot.

One primary reason I settled on p365 series
    Were these MOS guns or milled?

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Drop safety concerns aside, the 320 design has some serious deficiencies, and I'll never own another one.
    I’m interested to hear your thoughts on the deficiencies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by john c View Post
    I’m interested to hear your thoughts on the deficiencies.
    P320 design flaws... It's been a while since I've done a full detail strip, so some of these may have been addressed by revisions.

Ejector is a non-replaceable part of the FCU, and can be bent by using the wrong magazine, or overinserting a standard magazine. This destroys the FCU. By contrast, Glock ejectors are a $15 part, and CZ ejectors are $7.

Striker safety spring is a tiny coil-and-arm that can slip off during reassembly.

Multiple partially incompatible versions exist, so parts interchangeability is a problem.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by DiscipulusArmorum View Post
    Were these MOS guns or milled?
    Have seen both. Mine were milled

User Tag List