Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 48 vs Sig 365xl, opinions

Quote Originally Posted by walker2713 View Post
    “Worse” meaning less accurate?
    I’m reading “print” as the outline of the gun showing through concealment clothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I'm a tactical operator and Instructor and also retired military."

-read on another forum

Yes I meant how much the grip pokes out your shirt.
    My G48 is about at the upper limit even with a good wedge and claw type appendix holster.

Quote Originally Posted by diananike View Post
    Yes I meant how much the grip pokes out your shirt.
    My G48 is about at the upper limit even with a good wedge and claw type appendix holster.

For me they’re the same….I carry AIWB with a JMCK G48 and T-Rex Sidecar for the SIG. I’m six foot, 175 lbs and both disappear very easily.

I don’t care for the claw….much prefer a wedge….
    Gun Free Zones Aren’t an Inhibition….they’re an Invitation.

I'm new to appendix carry, but much prefer the "tactical pillow" to a wedge for comfort.

Wedge (pillow) + claw is a good setup in my book. Both help orient the grip so it doesn't print.

Site Supporter
    I've owned a 43, 43X and 48. I currently have four 365 series guns. I personally didn't care for the slim line Glock's ( my primary guns have been 17's and 19's since 2005). For me the Sig's are more shootable and I much prefer the size to capacity ratio. I still primarily carry a G19 on my own time, but a P365XL with a Boresite module and EPS Carry has been supplementing it regularly. A P365 with a 507K in an Enigma is a pretty legit tucked in shirt/NPE carry option.

I have a 19 g5, and the corner of that chunky, square grip just wants to painfully dig right into the basal joint of my thumb whenever I shoot it.

So, I'm curious if anyone else here with the same problem has found the 365 more pleasant?
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    I have a 19 g5, and the corner of that chunky, square grip just wants to painfully dig right into the basal joint of my thumb whenever I shoot it.

So, I'm curious if anyone else here with the same problem has found the 365 more pleasant?
    Have you experimented with changing back straps? The M size with beaver tail might help by distributing the force differently.

Quote Originally Posted by medmo View Post
    Have you experimented with changing back straps? The M size with beaver tail might help by distributing the force differently.
    That's the one I started with, as it worked best with the dryfire "close eyes, present, check aim" POA test.
    I've also shot it without any backstraps, and it still was a bit painful.

It's odd, as I've never had that problem with my Beretta 92s or Hipower. So, something skinnier or a bit more round might be a better fit.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Well I shot the 43x, 365 and 365XL side by side today. No 48 but that's alright as the 43x is basically the same size as the 365XL. Funny thing is that I shot the Glock better and I can only see this because my 19 has been my gun for over 30 years due to it basically being an extension of my shooting hand due to so many rounds through them over that time. 365XL and 43x recoiled about the same but I felt the 365XL had more of a push to the rear compared to more muzzle rise on the 43x. I had better centered shots out of the 43x and they were not with the XL. I think that is because of the different grip angles and would be corrected over time with the XL platform if I wanted to invest the time and money on ammo to change to that grip angle/platform and at this time in my life, I do not want to do that cause I will still be carrying that 19 on duty (in whatever generation) till I retire.

Now here is the funny part, if I did my part the standard 365 had better accuracy compared to the other 2. I cannot explain it as that makes no sense to me but that little gun was magic. Now if I was drawing and firing from aiwb, I did better with the 43x compared to the other 2 and I know that is because of the full grip and familiarity to the 19 I am used to. So basically I think I am going to stick with the Glock platform for awhile as I feel confident enough with that platform opposed to experimenting with another platform this late in my career.

Thanks for all of the info guys, it was nice to hear your experience's...

Late to the party but I'm going to say neither. I know that's not what you asked however, since none of them take standard G17/19 mags you'll be buying new mags anyway. And parts are obviously not interchangeable.

I'm a Glock fan. The 43X really suited me except for the accuracy issues. I could never pin down the problem. The rental was great but my purchase wasn't. It was paper plate at 15 yards accurate but every once in a while it was a "friggin laser beam". I tried different grip, more finger, less finger...etc.. nothing worked. Rented the 365XL. Was very accurate albeit slightly narrow grips, so traded the 43X in for the 365XL. Its a nice accurate gun at a typical static range where you pick up the gun off the table, get it situated in the hand, load it, carefully aim and fire. Drawing from concealment was a different story. Grip is overall too narrow. My hands need more surface area. WC grip module didn't help. I Didn't really notice any difference. Got frustrated with it and dumped it for the Hellcat Pro.

Didn't think much of them until I actually picked one up. It's about the size of the 43X. The grip feels like a full size grip, holds 15 flush and I was absolutely flooded by the accuracy.

I'm not a SA guy. Only have one of their 1911s but never cared for the XD but so far, between the reliability and accuracy.....color me impressed.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

User Tag List